Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Assault

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2013
in the taint
Interesting images posted from a Texas Best Buy. Nexus 5 release imminent?

Wirte up at Android Central: http://www.androidauthority.com/empty-google-display-best-buy-stores-nexus-5-related-excitement-283932/

google-endcap.jpg

Attachments

• google-display-case-best-buy.jpg
    google-display-case-best-buy.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 215

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
This was already addressed in the Nexus 5 thread. Seems it's not new, some BB have already been using them to display the Nexus 7, Chromecast, and Chromebooks.

I know my local BB has a display for these 3 all set up, saw it earlier this week when I picked up a Note 10.1. What I cannot recall off the top of my head is whether it was in a kiosk like this or a generic one.

Assault

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2013
in the taint
This was already addressed in the Nexus 5 thread. Seems it's not new, some BB have already been using them to display the Nexus 7, Chromecast, and Chromebooks.

I know my local BB has a display for these 3 all set up, saw it earlier this week when I picked up a Note 10.1. What I cannot recall off the top of my head is whether it was in a kiosk like this or a generic one.

I have several Best Buys near me here in California and none of them have had this style of display. This is new. Of course, there have been little display tables and end of isle tables that had Nexus 7 or Chromebook on them, but they were just generic areas that looked like after thoughts. It looks like Google is going the Apple/Samsung route to start displaying Nexus devices properly.

Tarzanman

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
uh, the Nexus S was available at Best Buy when it came out, so this isn't exactly new ground.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Same here--so both the small and larger versions of this booth being used at my local BB today to display Nexus 7, Chromecast, and Chromebooks.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Pretty soon, stores like Best Buy will be full of micro stores of companies like Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Google, amazon etc....

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Sure - I don't necessarily either.....

Though at the BBY near my house, first time I went in there in a while and the Microsoft section kinda smacked me in the face. Takes up a hell of a lot of room.

Not so much at my local BB. The Samsung section however is huge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.