Best Buy selling Nexus 5?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Assault, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Assault macrumors 6502a

Assault

Attached Files:

2. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

This was already addressed in the Nexus 5 thread. Seems it's not new, some BB have already been using them to display the Nexus 7, Chromecast, and Chromebooks.

I know my local BB has a display for these 3 all set up, saw it earlier this week when I picked up a Note 10.1. What I cannot recall off the top of my head is whether it was in a kiosk like this or a generic one.

3. Assault thread starter macrumors 6502a

Assault

I have several Best Buys near me here in California and none of them have had this style of display. This is new. Of course, there have been little display tables and end of isle tables that had Nexus 7 or Chromebook on them, but they were just generic areas that looked like after thoughts. It looks like Google is going the Apple/Samsung route to start displaying Nexus devices properly.

4. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

uh, the Nexus S was available at Best Buy when it came out, so this isn't exactly new ground.

5. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

My local Best Buy is also displaying Chromecast and Nexus 7's at this booth.

6. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Same here--so both the small and larger versions of this booth being used at my local BB today to display Nexus 7, Chromecast, and Chromebooks.

7. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Pretty soon, stores like Best Buy will be full of micro stores of companies like Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Google, amazon etc....

8. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

I don't see that as a negative. :cool:

9. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Sure - I don't necessarily either.....

Though at the BBY near my house, first time I went in there in a while and the Microsoft section kinda smacked me in the face. Takes up a hell of a lot of room.

10. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Not so much at my local BB. The Samsung section however is huge.