Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
At least for me, the novelty of the case material wears off. Kind of like imagine you wanted a black iPad but you got a white iPad as a gift instead. After a few days of using it, you only notice the content on the iPad (watching Netflix, browsing the web, etc.) and kinda forget about the actual color of the iPad when you use it.
That doesn’t apply to me. If I want a specific item (that I can afford) and settle for less due to price I will suffer buyers remorse every time. I learned a long time ago to get what I want the first time or I end up spending more because, I buy twice and take a loss item I settled for initially.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
That doesn’t apply to me. If I want a specific item (that I can afford) and settle for less due to price I will suffer buyers remorse every time. I learned a long time ago to get what I want the first time or I end up spending more because, I buy twice and take a loss item I settled for initially.

KImono Gryphon

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2019
Oxford, Pa.
I purchased my Apple Watch series 4 in white from Best Buy as well, non LTE and 44mm. Absolutely love it, and paid about $335-$350 for it.
[automerge]1575437534[/automerge]
Oh no worries, and I agree: sales tax sucks! (almost 10% here in SoCal ?)... but I guess if you gotta pay it anyways might as well save what you can.

Even without the 5% off it’s still a great price, but for SlickDealers like myself squeezing out the absolute best discount on top of already good deals is a way of life ???

Actually got mine from Christiana, Delaware where there's no sales tax.
Cheers,
-Gryphon

FilmIndustryGuy

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2015
Manhattan Beach, CA
If you are a productive person houses the watch for things like time and workout apps only, what's the difference between this deal and just keeping a SS3? Really not much difference except it ends up costing you more to use these watches with constant upgrades. 2 years in and my SS3 can still hold a charge for 2 days if I dont run workout app.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
If you are a productive person houses the watch for things like time and workout apps only, what's the difference between this deal and just keeping a SS3? Really not much difference except it ends up costing you more to use these watches with constant upgrades. 2 years in and my SS3 can still hold a charge for 2 days if I dont run workout app.
The s4 was a huge upgrade over the s3 imo. s5 over the s4 is not worth it imo.

imo.

Reactions: DotCom2

FilmIndustryGuy

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2015
Manhattan Beach, CA
The s4 was a huge upgrade over the s3 imo. s5 over the s4 is not worth it imo.

imo.

Huge in what way? the 3 seems fast enough to tap a workout. not super smooth but its not a struggle. there is also the case of all these devices constantly distracting you and through that distraction you aren't doing what is meaningful. your life becomes a bunch of tedious tasks you quickly forget.Personally I have no idea why someone would want to get constant interruption on news articles, texts, tweets. All this info is quickly irrelevant by the time you read it. You might as well be chatting up random women for entertainment. you may just get some experience out of that preoccupation.

Reactions: Duncan68

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Huge in what way? the 3 seems fast enough to tap a workout. not super smooth but its not a struggle. there is also the case of all these devices constantly distracting you and through that distraction you aren't doing what is meaningful. your life becomes a bunch of tedious tasks you quickly forget.Personally I have no idea why someone would want to get constant interruption on news articles, texts, tweets. All this info is quickly irrelevant by the time you read it. You might as well be chatting up random women for entertainment. you may just get some experience out of that preoccupation.
Huge for me bc of the screen size. Also I dont experience the lag I did with the s3 like the walkie talkie (yes I use that lol)

Returned the s5

Reactions: staggerlee41

Alameda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
I bought one of these and it’s wonderful. I was surprised to see that the same watch as a Series 5 is $749! Nearly double!

I love the large 44mm face and the shiny stainless steel looks great. I asked AT&T about cell service for the watch and they said it’s about $14 a month. I’ll pass for now, but I still think this was one of the great Black Friday deals.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I bought one of these and it’s wonderful. I was surprised to see that the same watch as a Series 5 is $749! Nearly double!

I love the large 44mm face and the shiny stainless steel looks great. I asked AT&T about cell service for the watch and they said it’s about $14 a month. I’ll pass for now, but I still think this was one of the great Black Friday deals.
I agree. A very very good deal indeed. I am so HAPPY! And coming from a Series 3 (which I wasn't going to upgrade) to a 4, it's a HUGE difference. So glad I was able to get in on the second go-round because I missed the first one and thought I missed out! :)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.