Best Buy Shipments in again...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by volks88, Oct 1, 2007.

1. volks88 macrumors member

I just check Best Buy website and a shipment came in for Virginia. Usually others stores should be coming in today.

Enjoy. :)

2. tha80sbrat macrumors regular

How accurate is the site when it comes to whether or not it's available in stores? It still says unavailable... :(

I've been waiting for a new shipment to arrive at Best Buy for the past week...I hope they get some in...I have a lot of giftcards I want to use...

3. jepaz macrumors regular

Best way is for you to call your local Best Buy store if they do have stocks already.

I returned my Week 37 touch a week ago and the sales attendant told me that their next shipment would be sometime this week.

I just checked my local Best Buy store online and they too have the new shipments as of today. It was unavailable yesterday.

4. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

The Best Buy.com store availability checker is slow, my store had them for a week before they finally showed up as available on there. Best thing to do is just call and ask if they have any.

5. tha80sbrat macrumors regular

6. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

Mine has them!!!! :D

im so happy! i can finally exchange mine!! i hope they are week 38's.

anyone been yet?? what week are they? should i call before or just go and check the serial number? or will they check it over the phone?

7. tha80sbrat macrumors regular

I went to the BB 20 minutes away from me and they had week 37 with Macy Gray on it...I bought one...how can I tell if it has a negative black?

8. jepaz macrumors regular

What's the first 5 digit of your serial number?
    Look at "The Black Album" of Jay-Z...how...just use search. :D

I believe yours is fine.

9. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

i saw that my local bestbuy had some so i called them and asked.

they had 3 left.

i went to the store and she asked me what was wrong and i told her the negative screen effect and she said okay....but i think i just sold my last 3...she told me to hold on...she came back with one...i was excited...made sure it was a week 38 and it was. some guy had reserved one and you can only reserve it for ONE hour. and that hour was up in 2 minutes...

she was like "i just pissed off another customer"

i said thank you sooo much!! so i feel bad but then happy.

im about to sync mine. i'll let ya'll know what happens. corrine box, week 38

10. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

the screen issue still seems to be there.

when watching tv shows i have to tilt it for it to look better. i mean the quality is fine....but i just thought all the week 38's were good.

11. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

my bestbuy has them in and i wanna know if I buy it online and choose store pickup will they hold one for me?

12. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

if you bought online they have to hold it because its yours. thats what i did with mine.

13. aethelbert macrumors 601

If you pay for it, it's yours. The other post was likely about someone who called and asked if he could come in and pay in the store.

14. manram24 macrumors member

just to let every canadian who wants an ipod touch that the best buy and future shop stores get there shipments every monday, wednesday, and friday

i called and thats what they said

they sell quick so go there as soon as possible

15. medicwhite macrumors newbie

Best Buy Site

I called all the area BBs this morning at 10am. All denied having the touch. About 12:30pm I checked the BB site and it was available at one store. I ordered online for store pickup and had it in my hands in about 1 hour!
    Now the proud owner of a week 38 version with NO apparent problems. :apple:
    Oh yeah, spent another $180 for better headphones, AC adapter, and FM transmitter/charger for the car.

16. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

17. stevenash2001 macrumors newbie

Only one BB store in Nashville had any new stock so I picked mine up on my lunch break. Called the local Apple Store and they were still out.

18. DocVT macrumors member

Got home from work, and ordered a touch online with local pickup. The held one for me and it was a week 39. It is SO much better than my week 36 that I returned to BB after a week of use.

19. tha80sbrat macrumors regular

I had a week 37 with Coririne on the box last week and returned it because the blacks were too dark.

This one (week 37) with Macy Gray on it seems to be a little bit better, but I think it's only because of the firmware update...the blacks still seem a bit dark. I'm still disappointed, but I am probably going to keep it.

EDIT: The serial number starts with 1A7377...do I have a non-defective week 37? I did the Jay-Z thing and it looked okay, but I'm still not sure.