Best Buy side shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dontworry, Jul 28, 2010.

1. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

I went to best buy and this is what I got. Guy told me to download the case app. Lol he looked down and was like "oh yea saw this earlier but I don't know how to put it on" I told him to just give it to me. Tried to show him my RWZ card and couldn't have cared either way.
    [​IMG]

2. Spronic macrumors newbie

I've been curious. Do they offer different colors? The instruction sheet leaked online shows a yellow one, But I've only heard about clear ones. Something like this would be sweet (and save me $10), I doubt they would of course go that far. Thanks for any info.

3. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

They are all just basic clear side shields

4. dontworry thread starter macrumors 6502

dontworry

Just to update on the side-sheilds. They don't fix the antenna problem at all. I still drop from 5 bars to 2 bars, the same way as before putting the sheild on. ZAGG says this is a proven way to fix the problem but, I have to disagree with their tests. Thanks for the free gift anyways

5. ryanbates macrumors regular

ryanbates

I heard they feel weird on the phone too, is that true?

6. dontworry thread starter macrumors 6502

dontworry

It feels just like a screen protector to me. Kinda gives the sides a little grip. Don't know how long I'll leave it on since my bumper should be here next week.

7. bt1988 macrumors member

I just got mine as well. Walked in, asked about them, and the guy was like.. "the ones for the recall?"
    He installed it without asking for anything except my phone. No reward zone or anything. Didn't go through the checkout at all.

It's basically just 7 sticky pieces that go around the perimeter, but yeah, they don't do anything to alleviate the antenna problem. Once I got in my car I pulled some of the pieces up to realign them and then put my bumper back on. The bumper actually fits better now but I'm kind of worried about it stretching the bumper out should I ever remove the shields. For now they're on because the Bumper causes a couple fine scratches in the steel.

8. fongyuen macrumors 6502

that's strange, in the East Brunswick, NJ BB, they asked me for my receipt cause it had to have been purchased at BB.

9. reliantj macrumors 6502

i would leave it on if i were you. there've been reports of the bumper scratching the metal band.