Best Buy Sim Free iPhone 7s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ilc1971, Sep 30, 2016.

1. ilc1971 macrumors newbie

Went last night to Best Buy and my wife got an iPhone 7 128GB Silver. I was told by the employee that these are the sim free world phones. I was skeptical at first because i thought they were not being sold yet. But when we finalized the transaction and took it home there was no sim in the tray my wife popped in her simple mobile sim and it worked fine. In fact before we'd have to put in the data settings but didn't need to this time. We also didn't have to tell them with what service provider we were with and he said that all their phones are the sim free world phones. None of their phones come with sim cards from a certain provider. I live in Houston and he's saying all Best Buys are selling the sim free phones. Anybody else got a an iPhone 7 from Best Buy?

2. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Based on this thread, that I'm linking (and there's another on Reddit) -- Best Buy is selling just one model, that way they don't have to tell customers they're out of stock for whatever carrier. If you plan to use the device on another carrier however (again based on the link I post) you'd have to activate it first with a Verizon SIM (I assume because Verizon's devices are unlocked by default), and supposedly putting another carrier SIM in locks it to that carrier (something about this Flex Reseller Policy).

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...Phones-Subject-to-US-Reseller-Flex-Policy-Now