Best Buy site has AW3 Cellular available now

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by coolbreeze2, Sep 28, 2017.

1. coolbreeze2, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017

coolbreeze2 macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

I was trolling the retail websites to see if I could get an AW3 GPS+Cellular now. Best Buy suddenly had a 42mm Silver Aluminum Case with Fog Sport Band available for next day delivery! I ordered it. Let's see if they are telling the truth. I'll post back if does arrive or if it doesn't arrive.

I say this is sudden because I have been trolling sites several times daily hoping to get lucky and all have been at least 3 weeks for estimated shipping date.

Come on Best Buy! Don't lie to me!

UPDATE: they are down to only the pink watch being available immediately and the date is now 9/30 for delivery. Here is a screen shot. Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 6.22.32 AM.png

2. coolbreeze2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

OK my watch is on the way!! Yippee!! Of course I removed the tracking number. Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 2.05.59 PM.png

3. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

my local store has GPS only in stock, but no cellular ones

4. patferrari macrumors member

well rip! what is going on! i ordered through tmobile and my ship date is 11/13-11/26 fml

5. Sgt93, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017

Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

I continued checking last night and BAM, they received some stainless LTE so I jumped on it. Keep checking as inventory is coming in, and going out just as fast. Good luck!

6. coolbreeze2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

My closest Apple store has none in stock and Apple's website is at least 3 weeks for shipping. My carrier, Verizon gave me a shipping date of 10/11, when I ordered a few days ago. I had been trying all websites (Best Buy, Target, B&H Photo, Fry's) and everyone was about 3-4 weeks for shipping. This morning I was up early and decided to see if I could find one. Best Buy had one for next day delivery! I really thought the date would change after I ordered, so I was prepared to cancel. But it shipped!!! I'm finally the lucky for one for a change. I'm waiting to cancel my Verizon order after I have received the Best Buy watch and it's activated on the Verizon network. Had I not purchased the Verizon watch on their installment plan, I would keep it and sell it.

7. USC_Gamecock macrumors 6502

USC_Gamecock

The Houston Galleria Apple Store has had the aluminum cellular available on the regular. The SS ones are difficult to come by.

8. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I just checked a few stores and Target website says they have limited stock in my local store (25 miles away) but you can only do a walk in...not buy on line and pick up in store. So you have to physically go to the store to find out what they have.

9. coolbreeze2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

The AW3 cellular I ordered yesterday morning on Best Buy site just arrived. Believe it or not, I had zero trouble activating with Verizon. I did it in about 10 minutes and didn't have to call in! I just successfully made a call with the phone completely off. I think what helped me was the fact I called Verizon a few days ago and they altered my plan to accommodate the watch. I also read the setup and activation instructions on the Verizon site and followed them closely.

So Best Buy came through! Ordered one day and received the next and the watch easily activated. I feel real lucky and going to play the lottery. I saw a few on Best Buy site this morning with this coming Monday as the delivery date. Now I can cancel my order with Verizon since it has not shipped yet.