Best Buy...snooze ya lose I guess!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yoeddy1, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Yoeddy1 macrumors newbie

So I had a black and a white 16gb on pre-order...still no phone call to set up an appt. I decide to call and find out which place in line I had and if I had a phone. The gal said, that I had a phone with my name on it. I told her that I realized that I wouldn't get a white phone, but that I'd take another black phone. She said, ok, we'll do that for you and asked if I wanted to set my appointment now. First appointment at 10:00am Thursday morning! Great day!

2. Appmamma macrumors newbie

3. dkny3362 macrumors newbie

Can you please tell me which Best Buy did this for you? I was 5th in line for 2 white iPhones and found out today they wouldn't switch it to black after repeatedly telling me they would last week if there were issues. Now they want to put me at the bottom of the list and wait til mid July. Screwed up if you ask me that I preordered and got hustled and lied to by the liars there.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Mine offered this as well.

5. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

I was confused about this, as well. When I had questioned and questioned about the white iPhone right then and there on the spot, they told me I could order a white one and if it didn't come in, they could just give me a black one.

But what I don't get is that if there isn't even enough iPhones to meet demand, how are they just going to take a black one and give it to you when you ordered a white one? It doesn't make sense to me. I'm not calling you out or anything, cause I was offered the same thing. I'm just questioning this whole black and white ordeal.

6. Yoeddy1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Honestly, I think it's going to come down to "early bird gets the worm, squeaky wheel gets the grease, etc." That's the whole reason I proactively called after reading about the clusters discussed in the forums. I'm calling again tomorrow just to make sure I DO INDEED still have two black phones with my name on them and that my appointment is confirmed. These retailers are at the mercy of Apple and can only guess what will happen. There are no formal processes. They'll give up black phones to those that ask for a white phone replacement since they were ahead in line, and tell the others in the back that their "should have been theirs" black phone didn't come in due to not enough supply to meet the demand. They won't know either way. BB will make up whatever it takes to cover their butts and blame it on Apple.

7. dkny3362 macrumors newbie

The store here won't do a thing for people even those that were ahead in line and were assured they'd get black if there were issues with white...all of a sudden they changed their tune so I really don't know why some locations will switch orders and others won't. It's a bunch of BS. I'll be in line at the apple store. What blows is I had pre-orders with AT&T and Best Buy kept assuring me I wouldn't have issues. What a sucker I was to believe a thing Best buy said. Watch if I ever shop there again.

8. Yoeddy1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, it is unfortunate, but you know what? Until I walk out of that store Thursday with two activated 4's in my hands, I'm still thinking that the rug could be pulled out from under me tomorrow. One never knows.

9. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

First one is at 10? Mine is opening at 8AM.

10. stevenisHAUNTED macrumors regular

TBH, they shouldn't have let you do that...
    Cause you should've switched your order from a white to black iPhone the day after you ordered since it was well known that NOBODY was getting the white variation.

Anyways, I can't say I wouldn't do the same to get an iPhone 4.
    I'm around the high 20's/low 30's on the list at my BB but I hope that if I call tomorrow during the afternoon I can set up a time to pick up my phone or make an appointment.

11. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

You obviously read MacRumors, so what made you think that if Apple and AT&T weren't going to have white iPhones on launch day, that Best Buy would?

I know Best Buy had it on their pre-order sheet, but come on, you're a member on the forums of a rumor site!

Even if they did 'promise' to switch you to a black one, Best Buy is going to screw someone in this situation. In this case, it's those people last on the list for the black iPhones who gets bumped because of the people who wanted white ones don't want to wait for them.

If you want white, you'll just have to wait. If you are okay with black, and really really need it on launch day, then you should have just ordered black.

I'm still waiting for Best Buy to call me back. If I don't hear from them by noon, I'll give them a call. I'm about 5th in line there, so I'm not too worried.