Best Buy (somewhat interesting)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by D0lphin2, Mar 3, 2012.

1. D0lphin2 macrumors newbie

D0lphin2

Went in to just play dumb and the rep said if I was wanting to buy maybe wait till next week for the Ipad 3. I told him the prices must be going to go down a lot. He mentioned the existing 50.00 dollar drop and said he hoped for another 50.00. So the interesting thing is they are changing their return/price policy from 14 to 30 days Sunday. Looks like the are expecting people wanting money back on recent Ipad purchases.

2. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

The change in their return policy has nothing to do with a new iPad.

3. D0lphin2 thread starter macrumors newbie

D0lphin2

Re

I give all this with a grain of salt but why would he pro-actively mention this?

4. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

14 days or 30, plenty of time to do a price adjustment on an iPad. Keep in mind that not all BBY employees are sharks, and they're not on commission either. You just talked to someone who is honest and wanted to lead you to the best solution.

5. D0lphin2, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012

D0lphin2 thread starter macrumors newbie

D0lphin2

Ipad

I was surprised that he wasn't a shark at all. He was the one that initiated the conversation about holding off on the ipad 3. Even though some of their sore prices are crazy the employees are pretty cool.

6. Emoo, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

Emoo macrumors regular

I was just in my local Best Buy where I used to work, and my old boss said that supposedly warehouses have iPad 3 all ready to ship out to the stores.

All our computer guys are pretty cool. There was an older couple all set to buy an iPad 2, but my old coworker actually told them about next week as well, and suggested that they might want to hold off on it. Very nice of them to do. :D

7. Nightprowler macrumors regular

This right here is why I'll always go to BB if I'm going to a big box store.

8. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I used to work at BBY and they know exactly the same things we know when it comes to product launches. Someone saying that they have iPad 3s in a warehouse is completely false, they might have placement skus and an expected amount they might recieve in the system, but they never know how many they are getting until just before receipt of the items.