Best Buy still has non-SR 2.16 MB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Built, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Built macrumors 68020

I am getting ready to cash in my 750 bucks in Best Buy gift cards for a Macbook (120gb version with Superdrive), and I notice that on the Best Buy website, the list 2.16 under specifications for the Macbooks they are currently selling.

I am assuming that they are not yet selling the Santa Rosa Macbook, and I, of course, want to make sure I get the latest version.

Can this be? Are they just trying to burn off inventory? This seems pretty sketchy to me, but then again, it IS Best Buy.

I need to buy it from Best Buy, though, as the 750 bucks in gift cards present an opportunity way too important to pass up.

I would rather buy from the Apple Store, but, for this purchase, I can't.

I will visit my local Best Buy after work to see if the website has just not been updated.

Anybody have any info on this? I won't buy a non-SR Macbook.

Thanks everybody for all the great info I receive on here.

2. samuraikiss macrumors regular

At the Best Buy I work at, we are still selling the pre-Santa Rosa MacBook. However, my store just recently started selling Macs three days ago, and so what we have in stock is just what Apple shipped to us, as opposed to what will arrive when we reorder. I suspect we'll have Santa Rosa MacBooks in a couple weeks.
    Hope that helps.

3. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

My Best Buy (Seattle, WA and Lynwood, WA) both stock Santa Rosa models. However, they have a mixture of old and new iMacs for sale. Go figure :eek:

I guess their supply lines aren't as direct as Apple's and they don't want to update their stock until the bulk of the old models are gone.

4. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for the info, Samurai. I will have to check with my local Best Buy to see what they actually have in stock.

Your reply is most appreciated.

Thanks for the info, Taylor. Since the website lists the non-SR model, but there are indications that some Best Buys might have SR models, I will just have to check my local store.

I really appreciate your answer! Thanks.