Best Buy stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijen0311, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Is it true that each BB store evaluates the pre order numbers and then actually "orders" stock? This is what I was told but I'm unsure. I'm curious as to what my odds are for actually getting one on the 24th. Also wondering how far out they schedule the pick ups...

2. MissyD macrumors member

Wasn't there a report several days ago that each BB store was allocated a minimum of 45 phones? Was this ever considered reliable information or was it just BB hype? Knowing BB's history, I'm leaning to hype...

3. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

The store people know nothing. They let me a pre order a white yesterday, then told me I couldn't get a white later that evening. Then today they told someone that they are getting whites. They've already switched me to a black so I'll be cranky if they do get white.

4. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

I'm really confused about the whole white iPhone situation. I was the first to pre-order at my local BestBuy store and I chose white (I know it means nothing, but I was assured white would be there on the 24th). Since they are given an allotment, does this mean I will get white? Or is everyone still in the dark?

5. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I think its all in the dark. I was told it would be there, then I was told no chance, now I'm told maybe. It's frustrating.

6. vdm10 macrumors newbie

I was also the first at my local BB to pre-order a white 16gig, but then i got a call from them later that day saying that they would not be getting them on the 24th and that I could either a) keep my pre-order as is and be notified as soon as they're in (could be days-months) or b) come back in and switch it to black.