Best Buy Sunday Promo

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BlackMamba14, Apr 15, 2011.

1. BlackMamba14, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

BlackMamba14 macrumors regular

2. Apple 26.2 macrumors 6502a

Apple 26.2

Well, now that you mention it...

Nah, just kidding... mine is on its way.

3. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

4/16 at 3pm Pacific time: Just checked with the local BB and they still do not have any ipad 2s in. Am still on waiting list and was told I would be contacted when they come in.

4. Polymira macrumors regular

In my town one of the newspapers does the Sunday ads on Saturday, front page of the best buy ad is iPad 2 (only mentions wifi 16,32,64). I'm gonna hit up target in the morning as they open at 8 .. if they are a no go then I'll be going to best buy next door and try my luck...

If I don't get one tomorrow, after the frustrating day today of trying to find one, i'm ordering one online...

5. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

Best of luck to anyone trying to get one (seriously). I think BB is a piece of chit for holding out on it's inventory all this time but hope whoever tries to get one on Sunday gets one.

6. Grkbella03 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

This promo is crap. Most of the ones I went to and called said they don't have it because apple hasn't shipped it to them yet but they'd put u on the list so that when it does come in your the first to get it. Waste of my time.

7. dagger55 macrumors regular

dagger55

Wirelessly posted (IPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

No best buys in Dallas or Austin have units on hand

8. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I ordered one online knowing it will take a little over a month to be shipped. The nice thing about the long shipping time is there is an option to cancel. A week later, I went to Target with my family to pick up a few things for our vacation, and their glass case was fully stocked with iPad 2's. I bought the model I wanted, and hit the cancel button when I got home. After ordering online, I felt like I didn't have to waste a day searching for an iPad, but if I found one... I can just cancel my order online.

9. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

No iPads in at the south Atlanta Best Buy I went to.

10. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

I went to 3 BestBuy stores in the DFW region & none of them have any iPad 2 in stock. :(

My search for that elusive iPad 2 continues... :D

11. ejfontenot macrumors 6502

ejfontenot

Have you checked www.ipad2locator.com

Looks like targets around town have a smattering

12. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

It's known to be wrong. Call ahead. That smattering has been there for days. I went to one and an employee told me that they "miscounted". This was two or three days ago. Still hasn't changed. Their inventory is wacky and their sales policy range from sane to totally unfair (When the iPad 2 was launched, the buying limit in some stores was 5, even if they only received 2 or 3). People bought up their entire shipments.

13. SPEEDwithJJ, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011

SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Yep. I've checked that too & none. :(

I even decided not to believe in all these online inventory checkers for today & I made my way to my local Target about 10 mins before the store opened. Unfortunately, they have none (of any different models) in stock. :( I guess the online inventory checkers are 100% correct. :)

However, I ended up buying some groceries at Target or it would have been a wasted trip. :eek: I guess Target got me with their iPad 2 circular since I spent money there even though I didn't manage to get one single iPad 2. :D

14. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

Same. I didn't waste the trip either. I figure since I dragged myself out of bed the earliest I've ever dragged my ass out of bed on a Sunday, I'd treat myself to a coffee and a few donuts from Dunk n' Donuts. Worth it.

15. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Hope both of us find an iPad 2 soon enough. :)

The search for an iPad 2 continues.... :D

16. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Don't WASTE YOUR TIME !!!!

This is just another stunt by Best Buy to bring customers into their stores before Easter arrives. Their idea must be as long as your there you'll buy something else for the kids.

Best buy looks to be following the heals of Circuit city before they went bankrupt.

17. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

Best Buy is the ultimate meta-storefront for Amazon. With an iPhone 4 the half-dozen barcode scanner shopping apps, I can go into a real store, get harassed by the entire staff of teenagers they hire to populate the aisles, but also get to physically check the items before I hit "Buy" on Amazon from my phone.

18. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Best Buy's ad made no indication of the real motives of the event (reservations), but I made one because everywhere else I called was sold out (Apple Store was sold out yesterday too). Went to the Apple Store today on a whim and got one, returned to Best Buy and got a refund on the $100 gift card.

19. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

Yestereday, I called and BB didn't have any in. So this afternoon, got a call from them and they one in for me. So just got back from local BB with mine in hand. After waiting since launch day, one finally came in that was 64GB 3G. It is white AT&T, (wanted black verizon) but at this point I don't care. Have it pugged in and charging will sync a little later to see if there are any problems. Physically it looks good with no problems.

20. MasonH macrumors member

Try to grab one at Target like I did. AFAIK like any item - you have three months to potentially return it... In case you get a bad bleeder :rolleyes:

21. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I can't say if this will be the same for you, but I found it was a good thing to make friends with the business unit at my local Apple store if you're self employed or own a business. That's all I am going to say about that.