Best Buy to price match?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by onthecouchagain, Mar 10, 2012.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Anybody have any luck trying to get Best Buy to price match the Microcenter deal for the iPad 2 16 GB at $360?

2. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

The first Best Buy I went to, the customer service manager refused to do it so I called corporate and they gave me $40 in reward zone points. I tried a different Best Buy and they price matched it.

3. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Fantastic. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Nice. I struck out getting Target to price match on Friday. I went to Best Buy to try it out, but since they had a mint openbox 16GB wifi iPad2 for $350 I didn't bother trying. :)

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Why not just get a refurbish 16gb and save your time and gas money? Its like $6 more including tax and free shipping.

6. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

I like receiving the Reward Points, which is about another $10 off. The dollar amount spent also goes towards my Silver Reward status.

7. Holoshed macrumors regular

I have got to admit I am not sure why I didnt buy mine at best buy this year but got caught up in the pre order craze. I am also Premier Silver for this year but do not know if/how I will spend 2,500 this year to do it.

Either way I understand what you mean as the reward zone points make buying stuff there a lot easier.

8. onthecouchagain, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Does anyone know if Macmall price matches? That'd be dandy too. I'm trying to speak to their online chat rep, but it's not working...

EDIT: Macmall does not price match whatsoever. Ah well.

9. preston181 macrumors member

Ask to speak to Richard Lee when you call them. He is an account exec manager there. He will beat anything the site itself has for pricing. Especially if it's a business order.

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Okay gotcha. Maybe check Staples' prices and see if they are the same. You probably will have to take a photo of it cause they aren't listing their prices online.

11. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

You can just ask for people like that? I guess I'll give it a shot...

12. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

So Macmall refuses to price match because Micro Center is "in store pickup" only.

Oh well.

13. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

MACMALL now charges sales tax in all states (except of course those states with no sales tax) so it's no bargain anymore.