Price Advice Best Buy Trade in MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gator24765, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Guys I think this is a pretty good deal if you ask me.. Let me know if I am wrong.

I put in all of my computer info and they offered me a gift card for $566

Basically I put in as my screen shot says... I put the computer condition as poor just to see what they would give me. I put poor because the screen is coming apart in the back left corner (doesn't affect performance). I attached pictures.

I think this is better than trying to sell on CL or ebay. I would use this giftcard towards the purchase of a new MBP when the new ones come out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. iTouchiPodz macrumors newbie

3. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

The computer works great, nothing wrong with it at all except for the dent ans screen detachment in the corner.

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

was this the macbook pro your brother threw at you? Or was that someone else?

Is there another thing another then poor? Like one up?
    Other then that dent it looks like you took very good care of it.
    Before you get rid of it see what people offer you on CL

5. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

If it works I'm sure you could get quite a bit more on CL for it. But if you do not want the hassle of CL, then go for it. But don't be surprised that after the "review" it in person they end up offering you less.

6. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Yeah thats true. How much do you think I can get on CL based on its condition?

Yeah CL is a hassle sometimes.

7. ThunderSnake macrumors 6502

You can do much better than $566. Check out eBay's recently ended listings to see what they're actually selling for. Ones with the upgrades that you've made (8GB ram & 500GB HD) are selling between $900 and $1100.

8. iTouchiPodz macrumors newbie

craigslist is garbage

use kjiji

9. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Not too bad considering I just put mine through (it is in VG/excellent condition) and would only get $100 more....

10. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

I'd trade it in..I wouldn't give you what BB would.

11. malman89 macrumors 68000

Did you even look at the picture or the listings?

No way anyone is paying a grand for a beat up clunker that the OP has. I wouldn't take that MBP for $200.

OP, you'd have to fleece someone to get anything above $600. I mean there might be someone out there you can convince to go for it, but I would take the money and run.

12. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

The pictures are **** quality. Everything on this mac is in great condition except for the dent and screen seperation in the corner. Well worth more than $200

13. Going Ballistic macrumors newbie

I'd trade it in just to avoid the fuss and haggling... especially the lowballing pricks that you find on lots of forums/CL deals. For the future: buy the warranty, and when you're ready for a new one, "accidentally" spill a can of your favorite sugary beverage on it and press the power buttons a few times. They'll usually give you a new one because it's easier than trying to fix the one you just totaled.

14. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Thats true. Although this just happened so I am not sure If I would have had warranty anyway..

$566 would be a steal if I got this. Im sure they will find some way to only offer me $150 for it haha

15. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

REALLY??

Or you could just use you're computer and when you ready for a new one buy it..ya know like a grown up.

16. malman89 macrumors 68000

True, the parts are worth more than $200 since those are still perfectly fine. To purchase that computer to use as my personal computer I tote around and use? I wouldn't pay $200 to be seen with it. I like people to know I treat my computers well. My 5 year old MacBook has no blemishes on it except thin cracks on the underside near the hinge... and I feel those are more related to the heat and plastic than my mistreatment.