Best buy trade in

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jdcell100, Apr 1, 2012.

1. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Had and ipad2 32g 3G walked into best buy to check out new iPad one of the geeks saw I had my iPad with me and asked if I was interested in trading it in I figured they would give me like 100 bucks. Geek came back said they would give me 340 for it so I walked out with my new ipad3 thought 340 was pretty good deal

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Yeah. You could always get more selling it yourself, but for the simplicity of it all the prices offered by BB for their trade in program are pretty strong.

3. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

It's not a bad deal if you don't want the hassle. My dad got $180 for his iPad 1 16GB Wifi.

4. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

Amazon is paying (gift card) $445 for an iPad 2 32gb 3G. I got $250 for an iPad 1 16gb WiFi, although that price has now dropped to $229. Amazon pays for the shipping. It took just a week from the time I shipped it until I got the gift balance credited to my account. For many of us, Amazon credit is the same as cash, so I was very pleased. I could have got a few dollars more selling locally but I avoided all the hassles.

Just go to the Amazon page with your specific iPad and look on the right side of the page for the "Trade in here" button.

5. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

They ripped you off. I would have given you 400 for that thing...especially if it had screen bleed. ( warranty exchange)

You guys need to stop letting places like best buy get away with robbery. They need to pay more as they sure as hell sell them for more. Hell, a pawn shop probably would have given you more.

6. jdcell100 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know I didn't think 340 was that bad with no hassle

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I'm pretty sure 3g models go for more so you coulda got atleast 450

8. Akack macrumors 6502a

This. Sure Op could have gotten more, but for some their time > money. I would have done the same instead of dealing with the knuckleheads on CL.

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I sold my original iPad and 2007 Mac Mini to Best Buy. Like others have said, I'm willing to give up a little money to not have to deal with private buyers.

----------

Cowboom.com sells BB's traded in merchandise. They are selling this model for $449.99. http://www.cowboom.com/product/782576

Compared to a lot of trade ins, that's not a terrible margin. Oh, and you don't have to go through the hassle and risk of Craigslist.

10. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Amazon is not perfect either (remember, they are working through a contractor for the trades). Sometimes they will send the item back saying that they couldn't access the device properly or found something wrong with it making it ineligible for trade. That could be a huge hassle as it will take a week to a week and a half to get the device back.