Best Buy - White iPhone Shortage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eyeshark, Oct 14, 2011.

1. eyeshark macrumors newbie

Pre-ordered 32gb White ATT iPhone from best buy on 10/7. Showed up first in line this morning to be turned away because they only had black iPhones. I went through this with the iPhone 4 and opted to keep my iPhone 3G because I waited so long for the white version. I still have the $50 gift card from the white iPhone 4 pre-order that I never picked up.

I am able to confirm that only a select few Best Buy stores recieved any amount of White iPhone 4s units nationwide. The nearest to me is 3+ hours away, and they are all pre-sold.

I was hopeful that I wouldn't run into this problem yet again. I mean they have had over a year to get the white casing "issues" ironed out.

My iPhone launch day is sad-panda.

2. gillybean macrumors 6502a

Drive over to an apple store to get the white one, and then spend your Best Buy gift card on an iTunes card instead.

3. eyeshark thread starter macrumors newbie

closest apple store is also 3+ hours away. :(

4. Rob9874 macrumors 6502

I'm traveling for work this week, in a tiny podunk town, but their AT&T store said they had ONE 64GB in stock, with no line. I drove down there, but it was white. So I left it. Wonder if I want to consider getting it. White seems to be pretty sought after. I've just had black for so long.

5. eyeshark thread starter macrumors newbie

Plus I'd rather have black tie protection than applecare, for reasons that I shouldn't disclose in a public forum.

----------

So yea, I'm now drowning my sorrows in a Chic-Fil-A chicken biscuit and Coke Zero.