Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by texas2013, Mar 10, 2012.

1. texas2013 macrumors newbie

Hi, this would be my first time camping out and I was wondering how long one should wait beforehand. I wasn't able to make the "cut" for preordering online, so I'm worried what my chances are getting one at Best Buy come March 7th. I'm wondering what the experience was like for those who camped out at Best Buy for the iPad 2 and such as, and what my chances are of getting one on D-Day. Thanks!

2. RowellE macrumors regular

RowellE

Hmm. That's a tough question.

A friend of mine was able to go to Best Buy on his lunch break and get the iPad 2 on its launch date.

This is in Seattle. Not sure about other stores elsewhere. I think the majority of people would buy it at the Apple store instead of Best Buy.

I was asking myself if I wanted to go to Best Buy, too, because there's little to no wait, but I told myself that I'd rather get it at the Apple store because it's more official and because of the experience.

Then I kinda going back and forth on whether I wanted to buy it in the store or pre-order on Apple.com. I love going to the Apple store and making my purchases there. It was a tough decision, but I ended up pre-ordering online on the 7th and have it delivered to me on the 16th.

I would've pre-ordered and waited in line at the Apple store to pick it up, but then I didn't want to be waiting long and I think you would have to pick it up on the 16th otherwise you'd have to wait a few weeks. Not sure how that works.