Best Buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nyc2pdx, Oct 24, 2013.

1. nyc2pdx macrumors 6502

Just picked up my 15" rMBP at Best Buy.

Apparently, Best Buy received only one or two of each model on Tuesday morning. They cannot display them. I contacted the manager of the store closest to me in Gresham, OR who put me in contact with someone in the computer department. She said they only had one of the high end rMBP, and she would put it aside for me. She said the SKU is NOT in the system, so you need to speak to someone on the floor to see if they have it available.

When I arrived, she told me that several people came in asking for it since I called in the morning, and they referred them to other stores. They don't know when the next shipment will be.

So, if you are looking for the new MBP at Best Buy, contact them and try other stores.

I'm on mine right now and coming from a 2010 MBP...its heaven.

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks for posting this! i was wondering when best buy would get them. maybe i'll try again this weekend

3. nyc2pdx thread starter macrumors 6502

no problem! I didn't see much about Best Buy in the forums, so I thought I would share my experience. Maybe try stores outside of urban areas?

Good luck!

4. swtcatsrophe07 macrumors newbie

swtcatsrophe07

5. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

Picked one up today. 2.3/16gb/512. Price matched a $200.

Got a Samsung Screen and Samsung SSD! Can't be any happier.

So far no creaking or popping sound :)

6. aiyaaabatt macrumors 6502

I am confused, why would anyone buy from best buy over apple store?

Best buy still charges tax like apple store. And Apple Store will only completely replace defective laptops if purchased directly through them. If it is purchased through any other retailer - they will only replace parts, not the entire laptop.

I don't see any upsides to buying from best buy. Care to fill me in?

7. sholzer macrumors regular

My local best buy just got a bunch in tonight. My buddy picked up a new mid-level 13" and I was very very tempted to pick up a high end 15" but held off since I need to sell my 2010 first

8. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Possibly redeeming rewards points

9. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

1. Reward Zone Elite Member - 45 day return policy (used to be 60)
    2. Reward Zone Elite Member - More reward points; will receive a substantial gift certificate. Plan to use it for the new Time Capsule.
    3. Best Buy matches the Apple Educational Discount

From what I was told, any Apple Store will honor a replacement or repair of a Mac purchased from Best Buy. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

10. geneticfusion macrumors member

18 month Financing. Elite Plus extended return/exchange policy. Reward Points.

Also, after your exchange period is up, thats when you go to the Apple Store if something is wrong with it..falls under Warranty.

11. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Not to mention there are some that don't have an Apple store near them. For example my closest BB is 30 min away while the nearest Apple store is 2 hours.

12. Philthy84 macrumors member

I bought the late-2013 model from the Beaverton, OR Best Buy store on Wed.

13. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

They are not on commission.

Treat them well, they are not on commission, they love friendly people. They even give tremendous discounts if you ask nicely especially near the end of quarters where they must meet sales quotas they can sometimes offer up to 25% off or even 45% sometimes. (Personal experience and have nephews who work for a few of them). I don't get deals but I encourage them to give out deals ;)

14. jredecop macrumors 6502a

How is this checked?!