Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Yessle, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Yessle macrumors newbie

Will Best Buy meet or beat Apple's $100 discount and rebate for iTouch student discount on uMB $1,599? I am going through Best Buy because I have Credit with them and can only pay 1/2 cash! But has anyone been able or know if they will compete with Apple?

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

You may want to check this thread.

I can't guarantee they're doing it, but it seems some people are having some luck.

3. theARNSKI macrumors regular

Best Buy will honor the student discount, but they won't honor the iPod promo. Well, actually, that depends on your Best Buy. According to that thread ziggyonice pointed out, some people are actually getting some luck with their local Best Buys and getting a free iPod. For me, I called the 3 Best Buys in my area and got no luck. Oh well, 18 months no interest isn't bad either.

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Now that I think about it, you may still be able to do this. The thread I pointed out earlier is to receive the free iPod without having to do the rebate. But, because Best Buy is an Apple authorized reseller, you should be able to qualify if you still just do the rebate through Apple.

You just have to buy the Mac and the iPod on the same receipt. Then, go onto Apple's website to submit the rebate. There's plenty of information regarding the deal here, including a phone number for questions.

Just get them both on the same receipt, and that should do it!

5. evelasco macrumors newbie

anybody try using the apple rebate buying the ipod and mac at bestbuy?

6. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

It is definitely on a store-by-store basis (or even case-by-case).
    I walked out of a best buy with a 24" iMac and a free 8gb touch, no rebate, and the computer was actually on sale for less than the normal student discount.
    I got it in Wichita, and when I got back to Lawrence (about 150 miles away) and told my boss about it, she ended up not able to get any area best buys to do it.