Best Buy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Yessle, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Yessle macrumors newbie

When will Best Buy be getting in the new line up of MacBook Pro's?

I must purchase my new MBP through Best Buy, & I want it now... But they currently do not have them in.

Any information is good information!

Thanks
    Yessle

2. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

A while, actually. Probably a few weeks-months. They need to clear out some of their old stock.

3. tdgrn macrumors 6502

I know at our store we were pretty low before the WWDC announcement (thought something might be announced...) In our store it is usually around a week... Every store is different though...:rolleyes:

4. Yessle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks
    But would they go online even if they are not in all stores? I wish I could get it now through apple but I must use my Best Buy credit card for 1/2...
    I understand the inventory thing, that's why they lowered their prices on uMB, but they should offer both soon!
    Tdgrn, what is honnestly better... Apple care or Best Buy's? I know Beat Buy replaces with water damage & other acxidential, but how is phone support?
    Thanks
    Yessle

5. Sushil macrumors newbie

my experience with best buy support is not great, but so is apples, at least their prices are good ;)[​IMG]

6. mrj205 macrumors regular

I was in my local Best Buy on Tuesday, and the "experts" were telling this poor sap that the 2.4ghz uMB was apple's latest and greatest technology. And it was still at the higher price! I couldn't help but to correct them. They said they didn't know when they would get the new line...as they needed to clear current inventory out first. Hopefully they will get the message and put them on clearance...

7. DesignerGenes macrumors member

I was at Best Buy yesterday and I asked when they would get in the new MBPs and the middle age guy that was working had no idea what i was talking about. He said he heard something about there being a new iphone, but nothing about new MBPs. :rolleyes:

He then proceeded to try to sell me a macbook, lol.