Best Buy's in-store pickup.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mattcube64, Aug 17, 2008.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Hi guys!

Alright... Here's the deal: Best Buy has a Dell 24" monitor on sale that I'd like to buy with my new 0% interest card through Citi. However, I had my card sent to my dorm that I won't be at till later this week.

The card offers a feature called Virtual Accounts. Basically, I can buy stuff online with my account and use a "virtual credit card" and number and it'll link it to my account.

So, I planned on using one of those virtual credit card numbers to buy the monitor from Best Buy's site since I don't have my "real" card yet.

I wanted to do in-store pickup. However, once you arrive at the store, you have to present the card you purchased the item with. Do you think there's any chance they'll just let me pick up the item as long as I have my confirmation number and Driver's License?

Thanks!

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

While a little different, I got a BB credit card on Black Friday one year. Obviously they didn't have one there for me. I was able to just give them my name and show proper ID and was able to purchase items that day. I bet they would allow something similar.

3. NewGuyToMac macrumors newbie

Being a former BBY employee, I know that do the instore pick-up option, they require looking at the card upon pickup. They want to make sure that you actually have the card and arent using a stolen one.

4. gmecca2 macrumors regular

Confirmation and Drivers License has worked for me.

5. ttech10 macrumors 6502

I do in-store pickup quite often. They need the card that it was bought with and your ID... of course it's my credit/debit card so I don't have any problems.

But yea, they'll need a physical card and ID to show that you're really the person who owns that card... nothing else will do and you'll most likely be denied it.