Best Buy's must have gotten a big shipment today

Discussion in 'iPad' started by christophermdia, Mar 22, 2011.

1. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

Best Buy today on their online tracker all of a sudden had most of the stores in my area (Memphis, Tn) with stock of ATT ipads. they had like 15-20 as well. My mother had been looking for one as well and so I checked her area (Ft. Lauderdale, Fl) and there were at least 4 Best Buy's with inventory on ATT 32GB's. Seems they send a big bucket full before Friday's launch in Europe....

Check there if your looking, I got mine today 64GB Black...

2. Zeos macrumors 6502

Same in the Dallas area, but every store claims the inventory is already Reserved. :mad:

3. treebark7182 macrumors member

The bb I've been reserved at since 3/12 got in practically everything but the 64 black wifi I wanted. Traveling out of state after Saturday for a week. I've got 10 bucks saying it comes in on monday.

4. jeff_siler macrumors 6502

Will they hold one via a phone call? The closest one with availability is 60 miles :(

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Picked up a 32GB white today at my Best Buy. I just showed up to browse and there they were.

6. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Awesome. Mind if I ask which BB store that is? :eek:

By the way, congrats to you on getting one. :)

7. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Sorry, Albany, NY.

8. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I'm in TX but it's alright. I'll just patiently wait for one to be available at my local BB or Target. :)

9. macdreamer82 macrumors newbie

Which Best Buy in Memphis did you purchase from? I checked earlier and it showed the Germantown Best Buy had 16GB in both black and white but I called and they said they were all held for preorders. I just checked again and now Germantown is also showing stock for black 32GB (which I'm assuming are also already spoken for). But I haven't seen any other BBs in Memphis with inventory in today...

10. applelvr macrumors member

I walked into the Best Buy on Capital Blvd in Raleigh NC today at 12:15pm just to look. I happened to ask someone if they had any iPad 2's available & they said they had some at customer service. 2 seconds later the lady at customer service said they didn't have the 64gb black verizon, but they had a 32gb black verizon. I thought about it for a minute & decided to buy it. They had 5 more on the desk behind her, but I don't know what kind.

Now what should I do about the 64gb verizon one I have ordered from apple (arriving 4/27)? My 72 year old mother is interested in a verizon iPad, so I may keep both & give her this one once the 64gb comes in.

11. dmunz macrumors regular

There is a 32GB White WiFi at the Pearland BB right now. I just returned it. Well, it MIGHT still be there...

FWIW
    DLM

12. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

My preorder phone call came yesterday. I admit that I was tempted to pick it up for resale but after seeing so many people get turned away at Apple stores I felt guilty and just let them sell to a customer in need. (most likely it'll go to a reseller anyway)

13. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

Picked up a 16GB black wifi at local BB. They had 20 or so, and 3 white 16GB AT&T... All unreserved.

14. christophermdia thread starter macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

Germantown had inventory but they were reserved, as was the one on Poplar, I drove to Jackson to get mine.

15. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

16. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Thanks for sharing that info. I really appreciate that. :)

Unfortunately, Pearland BB is too far away from me as I'm in the DFW metroplex. :( Hopefully, a fellow MR member will be able to get it. However, as I said previously, I'll continue to wait patiently (not like I have another choice). :D

17. Lamarak macrumors 6502

My wife and I both got the 64 g wifi white, its only color they got. They came in an hour before we looked. Already ordered our from apple a few days ago resigned that be to hard to get. Who knew getting batteries and a music cable would pay off! Its only reason we went. They where limiting it to 1 per household, but we both bought ours before the manger tried stopping it. Since the sales went through and card charged, he let us have both.

I can say we both will use it, and only thing Im reselling is my old ipad. I know alot of you dont think worth upgrade, but we like having latest stuff ). BTW this was San Antonio Best Buy on San Pedro and they sold out as we stood there watching the frenzy. Had 1 guy offer us 950 cash as we walked out as we got the few 64 g wifi att versions. My wife grabbed me and pulled me away before I could answer. heh

18. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Congrats on your purchase. :) Regarding you buying the iPad 2 to replace your "original" iPad, I humbly think that as long as you're happy, then that's all that matters. :)

19. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

I got the call today that my 32GB Black WiFi was ready for pickup. While I was there, I heard them tell someone that they had 3G's available so I also got a 16GB Black AT&T one for a friend. They still had a few in the cage thing behind the service counter but it wasn't many.

20. deeddawg macrumors 604

Some Atlanta Best Buys also got big shipments, as did one Target.

Regarding Best Buy, the people on the phone are not to be believed. Called two best buys and ended up visiting both plus a third. Phone people said none available. Different story in-store, between the three there were at least five VZW and ATT models, including an open box VZW 16gb.