Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy has kicked off the week with the introduction of a new sitewide sale that includes big discounts on video game consoles, TVs, headphones, and Apple products. Specifically, you can find all-time low prices on the iPad Air and M2 MacBook Air during this event.

best-buy-new-image.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Video Games

ps5-blue.jpg

Sony's PlayStation 5 Slim console launched last November and Best Buy and other retailers have been hosting solid deals on the hardware for a few weeks now. At Best Buy, you can get the PS5 Slim (Disc Edition) Spider-Man 2 Bundle for $449.99, down from its launch price of $499.99.

The PS5 Slim (Digital Edition) Spider-Man 2 Bundle is available for $399.99, down from $449.99. Sony increased the price of the Digital Edition by $50 at the launch of the new Slim consoles, so this deal effectively brings the price back down to the level of the original PS5 Digital Edition.

Both bundles also include the Spider-Man 2 game as a digital download, which is an extra value worth $69.99 when not on sale. You can also find video game gift cards on sale at Best Buy this week, as well as Nintendo Switch consoles and games.

iPad Air

ipad-air-blue-new.jpg

Best Buy has every model of the 5th generation iPad Air on sale at an all-time low price right now, starting at $449.99 for the 64GB Wi-Fi tablet, down from $599.00. These are $150 off across the board, and also include best-ever prices on both cellular models.

iPad Mini

new-ipad-mini-blue.jpg

Best Buy has the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad mini 6 for $399.99 this week, down from $499.00, and the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad mini is available for $549.99, down from $649.00. Both of these are solid second-best prices on the iPad mini 6.

MacBook Air

new-macbook-air-blue.jpg

Best Buy has both the 13-inch and 15-inch M2 MacBook Air models on sale at all-time low prices right now. The steepest discounts can be found on the larger display model, with the 256GB M2 15-inch MacBook Air priced at $999.00, down from $1,299.00. You can also get the 512GB M2 model on sale at $1,199.00, down from $1,499.00.

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: Best Buy's New Sitewide Sale Has Record Low Prices on iPads and MacBooks, Plus $50 Off PlayStation 5

DestructoTim

Suspended
Aug 30, 2021
Are the Nintendo Switch consoles actually on sale? I can't find a way to get any additional money off for the refurnished consoles in the affiliate link. The only thing I see is that standard "Save $XX.XX" which is just the normal price listing for their refurbished goods. The savings is over the new price of the console. The standard Switch costs $299 brand new. Refurbished is listed as "Save $30" for a final price of $269.99 (the same price it always is refurbished). Someone jumped the gun in a thirst for affiliate revenue, or just editors mistake not catching it?

gaximus

macrumors 68020
Oct 11, 2011
I’m confused by the PS5 slim. Usually slim models have new processors that are more efficient and cheaper, but from the reviews I’ve seen, they were using the same chips, pull the same power and have the same heat. And aren’t much slimmer. And now they don’t look much cheaper even, minus this $50 discount.

Apple Fan 2008

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2021
Florida, USA 🇺🇸
I’m confused by the PS5 slim. Usually slim models have new processors that are more efficient and cheaper, but from the reviews I’ve seen, they were using the same chips, pull the same power and have the same heat. And aren’t much slimmer. And now they don’t look much cheaper even, minus this $50 discount.
It's because they made a few silent revisions of the "fat" model that had lower power draw and were a bit lighter. The slim model is a smaller version of the latest "fat" revision. So if you have an original 2020 launch model, there is a bigger difference. (Not graphically though) The slim also has 1TB of SSD storage vs the 825GB on the "fat" model.

As an owner of the slim I can say that it is a very light system. And I also like the dual USB-C on the front as well.

Reactions: Apple.Fanatic

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good deals for MacBooks and as for iPads, better to wait and see what Apple will announce in the coming days/weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.