Best calendar app with a good month view

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mildredop, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Mildredop macrumors 68020

I've recently returned to iPhone, and one thing I just can't cope with is iOS's Calendar. The month view is useless - just a series of dots.

I've been used to the plethora of Android apps which show event details in the month view (the best of which was Samsung's S Planner).

Is there an iOS app that is similar? Because I'm having trouble finding one (or at least, I'm having trouble finding one that isn't over-the-top and overly busy).

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are various apps out there that can do it (some can even do that in a widget). One that comes to mind at the moment (despite the name) is Week Cal, which has various views including "Mini Month" which shows a moth with all details (names) of the events within their respective day cells.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I like Fantastical and it has a month view.

This is in dark mode, but you can change that to a light mode if you want.

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 12.00.28 PM.png

4. WordsmithMR macrumors 6502

WordsmithMR

I also use Fantastical and recommend it, however for what OP wants I think Calendars 5 (by Readdle) would be a lot closer to what he wants.

Attached Files:

5. Mildredop thread starter macrumors 68020

Those screengrabs are Calendars 5?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
    This looks the same as the built-in Calendar app - just dots on the dates. That tells me nothing without randomly tapping on each day until the event I'm looking for appears.

6. WordsmithMR macrumors 6502

WordsmithMR

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It is not at all. It shows the month with the upcoming appts. listed below. That I can see, the Calendar app does not do that.

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Take a look at Informant. It's the most complete calendaring app available.

9. Mildredop thread starter macrumors 68020

But, to be clear, you can't see the titles of all your events in one screen (like S Planner)? You have a month view with dots and then a list of events for that month.

It's not what I'm looking for, but thanks for the help.

10. lexvo macrumors 65816

Another vote for Week cal. Its mini month view shows all events.

11. eventailapp macrumors member

eventailapp

If a month view is not a must perhaps I could recommend my app Eventail. It shows events for up to five days in a compact view.

https://appsto.re/fr/3B3m5.i

12. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I am not up to date on the latest but I picked WEEK CAL a while back and have not had reason to look for something else.

As mentioned by others I too use the MINI MONTH as my default display, it shows one-month-at-a-glance with all the activities just like what your secretary would put on a month planner. Now on my 4" SE it looks kind of compressed but I get the gist and it should be better on a 4.7/5.5" When I picked it I came from Microsoft Outlook with MULTIPLE CALENDARS to denote, for example Family events, work events, church events etc each one in its color code, I think OSX has something similar because WEEK CAL cloud-syncs with my Macbook calendar as if made for each other, am absolutely happy with the pair.

13. mthomas184 macrumors 6502

mthomas184

I use Busycal. It shows reminders and all events in a month view. Or you can change it to List, Day, Week or Month. I also use WidgetCal for my widget to get a full month view.