Best Call Blocking App?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Henfold, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Henfold macrumors newbie

Looking for an app either free or paid that will just result in the caller hearing nothing or a dead tone....leaving them to presume your line is no longer active.

Happy to have this facility extended to anyone not on my contact list.

Any recommendations?

2. viskon macrumors 6502

If you have a Samsung phone, you can set this up in Blocking Mode in Settings. Not sure what callers hear, though.

3. Henfold thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I saw that option and am thinking of jumping ship for a Note 3, would be interesting to hear what a caller who is blocked hears when they call a Samsung device? hopefully not "You've been blocked!"....lol!

4. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Mr.Number in the play store it's free and you have a choice to either hang up on someone or let it go straight to voicemail.

5. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I use the default blocking setting on my S4 and it works fine. I can even see when said blocked caller has tried to call me.

6. Henfold thread starter macrumors newbie

Its great that the function works, I really like the idea...but have you tried blocking a number then calling yourself?....what does the caller who is blocked hear?

7. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Is there an app like Do Not Disturb of iOS and Blocking Mode from the Samsung phones?

I love it on my SGS3 but want it on other phones for when I change.

Any app that can do this? Block all calls except favorites?

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

There are apps that mimic that feature...not sure off the top of my head though. Another phone that has a great built in "Do not Disturb" is the moto x. It is identical to the IOS version.

9. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

CallFilter. I have been using it for over a year and it has worked perfectly.

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.telemarks.CallFilter2

10. Savor Suspended

Savor

TouchPal has a blacklist feature that blocks calls.