best camera for editing?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bluedoggiant, Dec 8, 2007.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

minidv, or a casio camera, im thinking about a EX-Z1080, which is the best investment? and i need it to work with imovie 08, imovie HD (imovie 06), and final cut express 4, so simply, which is the best investment, bang for the buck, and will it work work with all the 3 programs ive stated, i do not want anything HD since not everyone, and everything is about HD, once the world is running on HD, i would pick one :)

i plan to use it with the imac in the signature below

i also found this: http://www.pcworld.com/product/specs/prtprdid,48576431/mpeg4_net_sharing_cam_nscgc1_camcorder.html#

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

3. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

-agreed

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

In this case I'd say MiniDV over a dedicated picture camera (especially a Casio ... can't stand their sensors). BUT, don't discount Mini DVD camcorders as they transfer quite a bit faster than MiniDV cams (no tape to playback, FF or RW).

5. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

i would like to edit, you cant edit dvd, my dad got the EX-Z1080, i wanna trade mine, the EX-Z1000 for it

6. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Sure you can. iMovie08 now supports some DVD based Standard Def camcorders. iMovieHD ... you're out of luck.

Still, I would get a decent miniDV camcorder.