Best camera for iPad bag?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lokerd, Oct 19, 2010.

1. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

This is not another iPad2 camera question. But I really want to carry a camera in my iPad bag.

I am a photographer (teacher and professional shooter) so I may be asking for too much, at least in the constraints of wanting something small to fit in a small iPad bag. Like I want a nice long optical zoom.

But mainly, is there anything that would compliment the iPad? Like have wifi to connect to the iPad??

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. Meever macrumors 6502a

There's an app that lets you use the iphone's camera though ipad.

Otherwise you would have to go camera kit.

Canon S92 and Canon G11 are both fantastic choices imo.

3. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

As Meever mentioned, stick to anything Canon, you can't go wrong.

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

Any idea what this app is?

Also, Nikon > Canon ;-)

5. peterja macrumors regular

peterja

Canon s95 (perhaps what's meant above) or a Panasonic GF1/Olympus Pen/Sony NEX these are compact with a fixed pancake lens but not with a zoom lens mounted.

6. NinjaMonkey macrumors regular

Depends on your budget. The Sony NEX is a great little camera. I just bought one for my wife and to compliment my D90. I was a little worried with some of the lens reviews but the pictures are excellent.

I think I spent $700 for the two lens kit but I think there was a rebate at the time.

7. elmo151 Guest

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I have an S90 and its a great little camera with a surprisingly good sensor. You can drop an EyeFi SD card in and it will connect via any wifi spot available.

9. Capt T macrumors 6502a

I have an Olympus E-PL1, eye-fi SD card, and Shuttersnitch app. I can take pictures with my camera and if just jpeg without raw it will show up in shuttersnitch in a few seconds (raw+jepeg) takes a little longer. I carry a virgin mobile mifi so always have a wifi network that the iPad and camera/SD card are connected to. Also you can just have the camera out and take a bunch of pictures and the when you are back home or where ever you usually have wifi it will transfer the new pictures over then.

Works well for my uses. Right now only the jpegs transfer but the site says with 4.2 it will support raw.

10. stix macrumors member

Odd that a pro photographer is asking in a computer (ok, I know the iPad is not a computer ;)) forum for camera advice :eek:

Anyway, G11 has now been replaced by G12. Good cameras, but not sooo compact. DPReview is certainly a good resource for these things.