Best camera for youtube??

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jprincesa, Nov 30, 2008.

1. jprincesa macrumors member

jprincesa

I make several vids for youtube. I am currently using a 3 year old casio exlim to make my vids so the quality sucks. Im looking into a nikon coolpix s550 but im worried the software wont work too well with my MBP. Also looking into the flip mino hd, canon powershot 10 mps or sony cybershot 10mps. Any input would be great thanks!!

2. quotemeas macrumors regular

Maybe...

Kodak Zi6? This is an actual camcorder that fits in your pocket like a digital camera.

3. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

^^ as well as the zi6 there's also the flip HD one too.. although macworld rates the zi6 as a better camera...

so the choice is yours :)

don't the new casio exilim's have a youtube mode anyway? i would probably go for one of those as you get half decent pictures as well as video.. rather than mainly video of the zi6 and flip...

4. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

5. jprincesa thread starter macrumors member

jprincesa

6. Ol!ver macrumors 6502a

It comes with rechargeable batteries and charger.

7. Krovem macrumors 6502

Krovem

I see people use digital cameras, whats best digital camera? Like i have a nice canon, but everytime i record something, i hear this background noise. any help?

8. jdavtz macrumors 6502a

Now that Youtube has properish 720p HD, the better the camera you use, the better your results will be; there's probably not a camera that gives output "as good as Youtube can possibly display" - at least not on a small/moderate budget.

Do you have a budget in mind? What kind of things do you shoot? And how big/small can the camera be?

9. ChrisA macrumors G4

Buy any mini DV camera. Yes a "real" video camera. the DV format lacks any compression artifacts and works very well with Apple software. You can pick up a used DV camera for cheap if you look, even older pro-level DV cameras are now affordable.

The other thing you will need is a good mic. Make ure the camera has a place to plug in an external mic. All the better camera have this

EDIT: If u-tube now has 720p you will need in the low four digit range to get good results. But mini-DV is as good as "DVD Quality" which is maybe enough.