Best Camera or Camcorder for YouTube

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Krovem, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Krovem macrumors 6502

Krovem

Hey everyone,

I have been looking for a better camcorder so i can get HD videos. I HAVE AT THE MOMENT JVC evernio GZ-MG77U.

I have looked at Kodak zi6, Flip Mino HD, Samsung sc-hmx20c ($600), hmx-h104 samsung, sc-mx20...

Any other suggestions? Better once? I am looking for cheaper price but HD and nice quality. I know one of them cost $600 i dont have but i might get my family into getting an upgrade...

Also, i see people use cameras which some turn out wih great videos.

Thanks.
    Let me know.

2. Nasty Roo macrumors member

I'm not too informed on HD cameras, but a buddy of mine has the flip mino and loves it. The built in USB is pretty useful.

3. themacintoshman macrumors member

Looks like you're looking at more portable cameras? I would go with the Flip Mino HD, but if you want to look at some other cameras, I'd recommend checking out some of the cheaper-end Sony HD ones. Also, Sony is a good brand when it comes to more professional cameras (you said your family might be upgrading.) Sony builds good hardware that you can trust will last a good while. Hope that helps. :D

4. misterpasta macrumors member

Sony Webbie

Check-out the just released Sony Webbie HD Camcorders

5. routerreview07 macrumors newbie

I think SC-MX20 should be another great digital camcorder although it is much cheaper than the SC-HMX20C, a full HD camcorder model of Samsung camcorders. The SMX-F34 is also the ideal camcorder for the YouTube.

6. Lampmeister macrumors member

I'm not an expert either, but I'm very happy with my new Flip Mino HD. Very easy to use, and the picture quality is better than I expected. Something else to consider is the new Flip Ultra HD, which allows for 2 hours of recording. It's even cheaper than the Mino! From what I can gather, the only downside is that it's not as slim as the Mino.