Best capture card for MBP (detailed question inside)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Some Guy 555, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Some Guy 555 macrumors regular

What I have been doing for the longest time was using the pinnacle dazzle mac video capture device (~$99) to capture video from my SD tv when playing on my xbox 360.

Recently I acquired a 42" hdtv and would like to get a much higher quality capture card/device and was wondering if anyone has a decent list of my options. Again, I am trying to capture video/audio when playing my xbox 360 and later edit it on my mbp (I have software for editing, I just need a good device).

For the record I am willing to spend a decent amount ($200 or more).

Thoughts?

2. jpow112 macrumors member

3. Some Guy 555 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, that shows promise. Question about that though, I would need both that AND an eyeTV? Also, I don't think the hauppauge is compatible with a mac (at least not one running OSX).

4. jdechko macrumors 68040

5. jpow112 macrumors member

eyetv

I'm referring to the eyeTV software - supports the Hauppauge.

There's also some OSX direct video capture software available, shareware, that is probably cheaper to use than eyeTV.

works completely fine with OSX.

The eyeTV HD hardware is also good, but doesn't have digital audio input. I think that's the only real difference.

6. Some Guy 555 thread starter macrumors regular

Ended up getting the Hauppage HD PVR as suggested earlier and got the eye tv software to go with it. Works perfectly, thanks!