Best car dock for my iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by The Game 161, Feb 14, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Anybody got any good ones that they think are good? I'm UK based

Are there any that you can just stick to the dashboard instead of the windscreen?

2. Roadking macrumors 6502

I think there are too many variations on dashboards to be able to successfully stick a dock on there. I guess there are a few as I have seen some GPS units that have adhesive discs that are used as mounting options.

There are other options out there to use vents as mounting points. But I don't know if I would want hot and cold air blowing on my phone all of the time.

Are you looking to mount your phone to be used as a GPS or just for phone calls/music player? There are a few options for cup holder mounts.

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

I mainly want it for listening to a radio app that I have on my iphone. If I just leave it on the seat I don't get a great amount of sound

ESPN 710 is the radio i like listening to so want a dock so I can get good sound listening to that.

4. himesh macrumors regular

Does your stereo have an aux input? Could hook it up to that if the volume is an issue. I have a brodit holder in my car, I swear by them now. Its made up of two parts, one for your car and one for your phone. I have mine on my centre console and have the iPhone holder which accommodates one with a case on it. Brodit I got mine from mobilefun, had to order my proclip in especially for my car, if you give them a call, they can do that for you too I assume.

5. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

yeah thats sounds just what I'm looking for

thanks

6. TJone, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011

TJone macrumors 6502a

I am using the universal cell phone holder by Ram Mount. They make great mounting systems. It perfectly with the iPhone 4 and can be mounted with adhesive or screws (I used bolts to mount it to the the steel glove box in my Jeep). I have it wired to the aux input in my stereo.
    [​IMG]

7. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

8. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

9. onlineaddy macrumors member

Me too, though putting on and removing the phone with the spring-loading mechanism isn't the easiest/quickest.

10. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

Right. What I did was take the unit apart and replaced the overly tight spring with a rubber band and works MUCH better now. One handed operation.