Best car GPS mount kit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdventurousJosh, Dec 23, 2010.

1. AdventurousJosh macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I can't keep holding my phone while driving, I need to mount this baby. Which is currently the best mounting kit for the iPhone? software isn't important I can turn to the App store for that, unless the software is vastly superior.

I have an iPhone 4.

Thanks,

Josh

2. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I personally like these:
    http://www.ram-mount.com/

They are also designed if you need to mount it on something else you can change the base or if you change what you need to mount (say different iphone), you can change the holder part so you don't need to buy a whole new mount.

Mine seems to stick on the window quite well. Can't tell you about the holder part cause I'm still using an iphone 3g holder for my iphone 4 (but it will hold my iphone 4 in a case, I think the iphone 4 holder they have will not).

You can also buy these on amazon (might be cheaper).

3. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

im using the Exspect iPhone 4 Car Holder, its a nice simple piece of kit, and it holds the iPhone nice and sturdy for GPS, and still allows use of all buttons and even has a hole in the back for the camera, only £9.99 too!

I use it with the CoPilot Live App.

4. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

5. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if the Magellan Premium Car Kit for iPhone work with iPhone 4 well?

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I found the RocketFish one to be pretty awesome. The IP4 fits in there perfect, plus it's a very high quality product.