Best Carbon Fiber films/cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by oChaos Nine, Jul 18, 2010.

1. oChaos Nine macrumors newbie

I really want a carbon fiber look but can't make my mind up if I want a full case like something from http://www.infinitycarbon.com/store/iphone4.html or other various films like http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_28_89/products_id/1472, http://phantomskinz.com/appleiphone4chromatics.aspx, and http://www.fusionofideas.com/store/StealthArmor-iPhone-4-Carbon-Fiber-Black.html.

I know a lot of people are having good results with SGP's but I'm not sure I want the Apple logo exposed. I'm also I'm looking to put a black bumper on the phone if I get film. I know the SGP fitment is good but what about the others. I mainly want the most realistic carbon fiber look if I go with the film and if it fits with the bumper. Open to all suggestions. Thanks.

2. Makaveliarts macrumors 6502

Well, I haven't used any of the other Carbon skins etc. But I do own the SGP. It looks good with the black bumper. My Phone hasn't shipped yet, but I installed my friends set for him. Easy Install, for both the Carbon Skin and the Ultra Crystal protector. They both fit perfectly with the bumper, and look great.

Only con, the Ultra Crystal does collect a lot of finger prints etc.

3. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

my case from infinity carbon should be here Tuesday or Wednesday , I will post review with pics right away probably :)

4. owmygulay macrumors member

I will be waiting for your review. I am debating wether I should get that case or this one when it starts shipping: http://droconcepts.com/iPhone4/carbon-fiber-iphone-4-case.html

5. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

thats not the actual case, its just a render...I was going to order from them also but have been reading bad things about them ever since they were bought out or whatever it was...

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I can't see cf as being good for protection it will not hold up to a drop. that is not where it's strength lays.

7. owmygulay macrumors member

That's the only reason I haven't ordered yet. The real thing could look a whole lot different than the pics they have there.

8. oChaos Nine thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not looking for the best protection, just the best look. I wanna know what peoples opinion is for the best looking and best quality film or case that's carbon fiber. I'm really like the options and I'm starting to lean towards the film but besides the one from SPG I'm not seeing many others being reviewed. So if anybody has a CF film or case let me know what you think and post pics if possible.

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I had the Phantomskinz on 2 Android phones and they were great. I have the iPhone 4 set in my drawer but no iPhone yet so I can't install it.

The iPhone 4 includes front, back and side coverage.

10. JokerD macrumors member

I've got a bunch of pics of the one I got. Email me at joker21d@netscape.net and I'll send you all the pics.

11. oChaos Nine thread starter macrumors newbie

Email sent.

12. oChaos Nine thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a Carbon Fiber full body on it's way from Phantom Skinz. My question is will the sides be okay to put on with the bumper? A lot of people are saying most of the side skins work with the bumpers but I haven't seen anybody with CF sides and a bumper. Just wondering if the CF film is thicker and harder to use with a bumper.

13. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

Be very afraid of carbon fiber (and metal cases) when it comes to signal strength. There are several examples of signal strength being compromised by these materials in iPhone cases. One example is the DRO concepts carbon fiber case which showed a marked drop in signal. If you live in an extremely strong signal area then you could perhaps get away with it but generally it simply is not a suitable material.

14. headcheese macrumors regular

I have the SGP carbon skin, SGP oleophobic protector (which looks like NOTHING is there with the bumper on, it's remarkable) and I switch between a white bumper and a black one. It looks amazing and I am 100% satisfied with it's protection.

Dropped my ip4 this morning on the train (hit side 1st, then front 2nd) and not a scratch/dent/anything on any of these products :eek:

15. DJBenE macrumors member

16. NickRno77 macrumors regular

I think most of these skins are fake carbon fibre, just carbon fibre look vinyl. :

17. yezzurp macrumors member

Hey, I got a carbon fiber case off ebay for like 50 bucks canadian including shipping and it still isn't here, but I'm dying for it. I have done a ton of research on them however (as I love carbon fiber lol) and here are some high end ones. DO NOT do buisness with dro, they are terrible with replying, and have terrible customer service IMO, however if you must have their case... to each their own. Here are some other good companies,

- Assaa, Osir design, Unique -Karbon, Infinity carbon, an moncarbone.

There are other no name brands on ebay, and some look legit but I would not trust the ones from Hong Kong or China (I'm Chinese) since they have lots of knockoff/cheap products. (I know this first hand lol) I haven't tried any skins as I prefer and actual case, but whats the quality of the skins? I think the bumper/skin combo is pretty dope actually :D

PS If you have low reception, DO NOT get a carbon fiber case, they will most likely decrease your bars. OH yeah if you need any links for thsoe above companies just ask :D

18. glen e macrumors 68030

ditto - exactly the same - very nice high tech look - I get huge comments on it...currently running the white bumper....here with the marware red
    [​IMG]

19. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

20. oChaos Nine thread starter macrumors newbie

Received the Phantom Skins over the weekend and applied the back and side yesterday. Everything went on good and looks great. Really pleased with it so far. Now I'm waiting on my bumper.

21. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

22. i phone 4 macrumors newbie

i phone 4

best way to protect it, is buy a zagg full body, then put your carbon back on.. fits perfect, no bubbles no nothin! it`ll cost you more but well worth saving your apple logo, my phones 100% protected now.