Best carrier for Florida?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Spooner83, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Spooner83 macrumors 6502

Spooner83

I'm moving to Orlando in 2 weeks and eventually I'll switch carriers since when I was there a few weeks ago, my AT&T carried sucked on my iPhone4. My friends say Verizon is the way to go there but they're so expensive and Sprint will be offering the iPhone next month so I was wondering if anyone here is in Orlando area and how Sprint's coverage is there? Sprint is cheaper than Verizon of course. Thanks, :)

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

AT&T. Most of central and southern Florida is has land line AT&T and mobile AT&T is very popular.

4. Spooner83 thread starter macrumors 6502

Spooner83

Are u kidding me!? My service was never good there and so it drained my battery since it had to out forth more power to get a signal. Disney, Universal, back at the house, wherever I was-the service was never good. I had to go to a certain side of the house just to get service and my buddy's mom had to do the same at her house. How can u say central florida is good with AT&T? That's like saying AT&T offers 4G on iPhones!

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Apart from Disney, AT&T is lovely. Its even better in the Keys, except on Spring Break. Then service in Key West is awful. No carrier currently offers a 4G phone, only 3G and 3.5G.

6. Eluded macrumors newbie

Eluded

When i lived in south GA about 15 miles from the FL border, ATT was horrible there too. I've had a better experience with Verizon in that area myself and sprint was no better/worse than ATT from what I heard but still didn't come close to Verizon coverage.

7. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

We can tell if you are a tourist. We save the best service for locals. ;)
    Lived here 13 years...had both Verizon and AT&T. Had better service from AT&T.

And don't vote me down. You asked for opinions and you got mine.