Best Case? - Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mloffa, Jun 25, 2010.

1. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

About to head over to Best Buy and, assuming they have everything, which is the best case right now?

What I'm looking for:

Slim design.
    Covers all sides/top/bottom + back.
    Preferably one piece but I'll consider two.
    Nothing that would make it hard to slide in and out of a pocket.

Color isn't a huge deal.
    Aslong as there is a black/grey/white/dark red option I'll be fine.

Advice?

I can also manage to go to an AT&T store.
    Neither stores have been answering the phone all day, though, so I'm just gonna go in. :)

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Someone here posted pics and a mini-review of each of the BB cases. None of them are that good IMHO. I went w/ the el-cheapo $16 TPU house brand case to tide me over until the better cases start shipping. TPU is plastic gell. It doesn't feel that great, but won't stick to your pocket like silicone.

All the ATT stores seem to be sold out of all iP4 cases.

3. mloffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I ended up buying a white griffin reveal.
    I will be doing the sharpie trick to help the flash.

I love the look of it although I am upset I was forced to take off my Zagg to put it on.
    Good thing I had a 50% discount on the Zagg.

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'm a fan of the TPU cases (a la iSkin Solo/Solo FX) and picked up a Rocketfish TPU case @ Best Buy this afternoon. So far, I like it. Doesn't add a ton of bulk but makes me feel a little more comfortable handling the phone when out and about (I'm still terrified I'm going to drop it, but less so than I was when it was naked). It was $20 and I dug the color, though it might not be for everyone. It's kind of a dark pink/ light wine color.

They also had iFrogz Luxe-type cases and a couple of other things that I didn't pay too much attention to.

5. Jman14 macrumors 6502

I got the iFrogz Luxe Lean as a hold me over case and actually love it. It keeps the slim thinner for mfactor, while still covering the back and raising the screen up a little bit for scratching when laid on the table.

6. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Also has the slit to let out heat and fits perfectly and allows easy use of all buttons.

7. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

The cheapie Rocketfish one messes up pics when you use a flash as well. I'm sure the sharpie trick would work but I plan on returning this one.

Rocketfish Silicone Case

[​IMG]

Pic with Case on & Flash

[​IMG]

Pic without case on w/ flash

[​IMG]

8. decadentdave macrumors 6502

I first purchased the Belkin Grip Vue because the salesperson told me it was a hard case and after opening the package in my car I discovered it was silicon gel so I walked right back in to BB and exchanged it for the Griffin Reveal. I like it more than the Apple Bumper because it has a clear plastic backing and it will do until I can find a good polycarbonate case like the Contour iSee for my 3g.

9. megsalias macrumors regular

I've bought every single style of case that my Best Buy stocked, and the iFrogz Luxe has me won over for now. The Griffin Reveal collected dust between the back plastic and the phone, which drove me absolutely crazy. The Lean Luxe and the Rocketfish gel cases were okay I guess...just not what I wanted. I've made a lot of exchanges, lol.

10. Luminyx macrumors member

I got the Rocketfish case ($22 after tax but only had to pay about $1 :p)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love the way it feels and the textured look on the back. FYI, the back is flat and the textured part is on the inside touching the back of the iPhone. I hear someone complaining about it screwing up the flash (I'm assuming with my case) but I have no problems. I took pictures with the case on and off, and they were identical. It was a snug fit (a teensy bit loose along the sides and bottom but not floppy or annoying at all).

I was going to go with the Belkin if I didn't get the Rocketfish. I like the soft gel cases versus the hard case (plus this is just a temporary case).

11. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

12. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

Run a sharpie around the hole for the back camera, let it dry and put the case back on. It prevents wash out in pics when the flash is used.