Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sid-R

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
first time switching from black to white face.. With black face the choice was easy.
What color case apple and otherwise do you guys like the most with white front?

PS. has anyone tried Apple Olive Brown leather case

zetti

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2012
first time switching from black to white face.. With black face the choice was easy.

Blue looks good on white from what I have seen.

vebatro

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I have a red leather case for my silver (white front) 5S and I love it. That said, white and red are my favourite combination of colours so maybe I'm a bit biased.

The only thing that's making me hesitate about buying a red leather case for my 6+ is that the leather 5/5S cases were notoriously bad for picking up marks and dirt. After about 4 weeks mine looked absolutely filthy, I'd been very careful with it too. A bit of research told me I wasn't alone with this problem which is a shame because they really are gorgeous cases in my opinion.

Blackstick

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2014
OH
Apple leather cases are well known to adopt a certain patina even from regular use. Call it the nature of dyed leather. Like a fine couch takes on characteristics from regular use.

That said, I purchased a silicon case for my silver 6+. Lime green for me, goes with my green MacBook Pro hard shell case :)

pakupakuman

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2013
This is what I prefer.

I just ordered this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-SOFT-FLEX-Capsule-Crystal-Flexible/dp/B00JH882JW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411308507&sr=8-1&keywords=spigen+iphone+6+clear

My white iPhone 5 has a clear TPU gel case, although not that brand. IMO It should go best with the white front, as it's just clear. :D

If you are interested in one of those particular brand, be aware there's also a "thin" version listed, which from the pics looks like it protects the front less. Not for me, thanks.

I was rooting for a white Apple silicone case, but it's not as enclosed as I would like it to be on the bottom.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Apple leather cases are well known to adopt a certain patina even from regular use. Call it the nature of dyed leather. Like a fine couch takes on characteristics from regular use.

That said, I purchased a silicon case for my silver 6+. Lime green for me, goes with my green MacBook Pro hard shell case :)

What case did you get? I have green macbook pro case too and wanted also wanted a green silicone case to go on my plus :D

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Mine is a 6, not a 6 plus, but I went with the Spigen a Thin Fit in Shimmery White and I am very happy with the way it looks. I wanted the Apple silicone in white but it is out of stock online and in the local stores. I always had black iPhones and I really like the all white combo in this case and phone.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Midnight Blue Apple Leather Case. Had red ones on my 5s but they got so dirty I swapped to black. For my white 6 plus I was going to get black but went with midnight blue as it's still dark enough to look good when it ages/gets marked up.

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013

The cool thing about it is that all colors complement the white or black face. But I was picking between the brown or midnight blue leather case. I picked the midnight blue. Both are beautiful colors :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.