BEST CASE EVER!! Casemate credit card ID case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Nrwrit3r, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

This is the BEST CASE EVER!!!

It fits 2 cards. I have my debit card/student ID in it. Now, I only need to take my keys/phone with me..no more wallet.

It sounds like a little thing, but it is actually amazing. It's so much easier not to have to worry about it! Especially when going out to the clubs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dyspareunia macrumors regular

I like the concept, but what has me worried is, and I can't see from your pictures, but does the credit card compartment open into the phone compartment? If so, I'm curious as to what the eventual risk is of the credit card or ID cards or whatever else you jam in that slot scratching up the back of the iPhone 4's glass? With all the drama recently over crap getting caught between the back glass and slider cases allegedly leading to cracked backs, I wonder if this case will fall victim to something like that in the long run!

3. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

And have cash in your pocket ready to fall out. GG.

4. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I had for my 3G and I loved the case. but big drawbacks. The color of the case comes off after use. And yes, it's open to the phone so it does scratch. the 3G came with a protective film, when I sold mine, it was ALL scratched. I read this version has no film to protect it. That's why I haven't purchased one.

5. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I keep my CC facing up so it doesn't scratch.

6. johnnybgood15 macrumors 6502

You probably carry a man purse too huh?

7. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I had that case for my nexus one and the fit and finish was terrible.

8. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

huh?

9. BoxerRumble macrumors member

Yea, what?? Man purse would be someone who carries a lot of stuff with him. This case is for those who carry very little, good for the minimalist. I don't get your shot at an insult.

10. ihonda macrumors 68000

i ordered this same case last week for my iphone 4 in black as well. found a ebay seller that had them for $21.99 or $22.99 can't remember. it was mrhit something. either way he ships out of texas and it took a few days to get to me i had the same case for my 3gs and on the ip4 it fits so much better. love it and everyone asks me where i got it from. only thing that sucks is for the ip4 they dont include the clear plastic for the back to prevent scratches and what not.

11. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Have the same case. Most useful case so far. Good for going out at night (anything not called shopping basically). I put my driver license and a credit card in it. Case fits fine with a back skin so no worry about scratching.

12. RichBrewski macrumors member

That legitimately was one of the worst insults I have ever heard in my entire 17 years of existence.

Either:

A) You were insulting how "girly" the case looks.

B) As said above, you were insulting how much he carries on him.

The former: it doesn't look girly at all. As a matter of fact, it looks and functions like a money clip, which most men carry on them. And as for the latter, well, I think that has already been addressed. :rolleyes:

Cool life, Bro.

As for OP, well I think the case looks really cool but I have one problem. It just attaches too many valuables together, so if you lose one, you lose 'em all. If it gets stolen, the thief now has your $500 iphone and god-knows-how-much-else in debit/credit accounts. But I'm more prone to misplacing things, so maybe it's not such a big worry for you.

But to each his own.

13. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

What I don't get is why its $35 when its basically a Barely There with an added slot.

14. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's why I got it $23 brand new on ebay

15. ihonda macrumors 68000

16. scpuente macrumors newbie

Does anyone that owns this know if it works if there is a screen protector on the back of the iphone? I have an invisibleshield on (front back and sides) and i was wondering if it'd still work with this case. would be awesome if it works. Thanks, all!

17. parrot5 macrumors 6502

I said above that it works, for me. I had an invisibleshield and now phantomskinz.. They work fine with the case. It is the SIDE strips that is tricky. If you don't mind, they fit ok with the case. I personally removed the right side strips and it fits better.

18. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Do they CC's fit in snugly? I was looking at getting this case however it seemed a little worrisome that the cards might slip out. Also, how's the camera flash on that thing? I see it has the teardrop shape which does complicate the flash on some cases.

19. scpuente macrumors newbie

Thanks! Sorry I missed your post -- i was sorta skimming for "invisible shield." Great to know!

20. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

just noticed the ebay seller has an online store at mrhit.com and he has the same case for $19.99 and free ship.

21. ihonda macrumors 68000

super snug, actually they will be a little hard to get out until you get used to it. way better fitting then the 3gs ver. also, no flash issue.

22. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Just want to chime in again that I have the black version. It's matte black so no flash issue at all. Don't know about the glossy silver one.

23. scpuente macrumors newbie

So I just got my hands on one of these and I must say that I like the design and concept... right now I've got an invisible shield on the back of my iphone, and its very difficult to slide two cards in and out of the case without it getting hung up on the shield. I'm talking really difficult, where it's almost impossible to get the cards out and half the time i've got to pop the case off just to get my cards out. I'm wondering 1) if i'm the only one who is experiencing this tight a fit with an invisible shield and 2) if anyone has tried it with an sgp incredible shield or steinheil shield. i know the sgp incredible shields (.160mm) are thinner than invisible shields (.200mm), but i'm wondering if this is enough to get the cards in and out smoothly.

I've also noticed that the fit on top of the case near the camera cut out is extremely tight. It seems like the case is meant to fit right up next to the glass and any shield may mess the fit up.

I may just ditch the shields on the back altogether and just use the little sticker that's included with the case, but I'd like to not be limited to just that. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

24. JASApplications macrumors 65816

If you want to lose your iPhone and Credit Cards at the same time.