Best Case for 3GS? New to iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spmojo, Jun 28, 2010.

1. spmojo macrumors member

I just bought a iPhone 3GS and I am looking for a good, protective case. Whats the best one to get? Thanks! :)

2. spmojo thread starter macrumors member

3. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

It depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for maximum protection? If so, then the Otterbox Defender is the way to go, but it makes the phone very bulky. But, unless you drop you phone and it lands screen first onto a very sharp corner, your iPhone really can't get hurt in this case.

If you're looking for something that offers decent protection, but is still slim and keeps the styling and lines of the phone, you may look into a case such as Seidio's Innocase. I've used them (actually I've used all the cases I'm mentioning here), and I've dropped my phone several times onto concrete/asphalt in this case, and it just bounces off the floor, with no damage to the phone inside. The case has suffered some scrapes due to the drops, however.

If you are looking for a blend of these two above, I'd suggest looking into either the Speck Candyshell cases, or the Otterbox Commuter cases. They offer very good drop protection, while still looking very stylish and keep the lines of the phone. And the Otterbox Commuter also has the added benefit of having built in headphone jack opening and dock connector opening covers, so that lint and/or moisture can't easily enter the device through those holes. These two cases here are my favorites. There are many color choices in the two to choose from as well.

4. myfoneisdank macrumors regular

for iphone 4 right now its gotta be ifrogz

for 3gs (my previous baby) its definitely the SPECK Pixelskin. just an amazing case

5. spmojo thread starter macrumors member

^^^ Wow I really Appreciate it. I'll take a look at the first Otterbox, since I am new to the phone and am treating it like a baby. Thanks a ton for the help though!

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a