Best Case for a College Student

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lady Arwen, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Lady Arwen macrumors member

I'm going to be getting the 15" macbook pro in august for college. I wanted a very protective case since I'll be carrying it from my dorm to classes and the library. I would like to be able to fit my case into this tote bag.
    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/69879?feat=506266-CL2
    Do you have any recommendations for the best protective case that would go inside that bag?
    Thanks

2. DKTacts macrumors member

3. ACHAMED macrumors member

ACHAMED

4. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone. I'm thinking of getting the one above or the Tom Binh case - both would protect it well?

5. blackbinary macrumors member

checkout www.colcasac.com, I like them better than neoprene and they are very durable and protective. Might be a bit more aesthetically pleasing too.

6. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

^^ ditto. I love my ColcaSac.

Side note, nice to see LL Bean linked, Mainer here :)

7. randomrazr macrumors 65816

measure ur tote bag length wise and let me know the length so i can let u know if it will fit

regardless you should get atleast a sleeve for your macbook as it will keep everything eles in ur tote bag from scuffing or damaging ur macbook

i recoemnd the incase neoprene sleeve plus. its simple, slim and has a fully lined faux fur interior to protect ur macbook.

i made a video on it, sub if you like lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YupQI-jhjQ

it should fit it with the tote bag, depending on how big ur bag is though.

the other thing u can consider is a hardshell case made by speck or incase. but, id recoemnd the sleeve over the hardshell as the sleeve is easier to use and more convieninet. i made a vid on the incase hardshell on my channel if ur interested in that.

hope this helps!

8. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone! I found a case I really like: the Brenthaven Metrolite. That's what I'm getting!