Best Case for a Girl(friend) ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jasko, Dec 8, 2011.

1. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

Ladies and gents. My girl has an iPhone 4 and needs a new case for it. I was gonna get it for her for Xmas. Ideally, she's want something slim and that has some silicone on it to prevent it from sliding everywhere. She has a silicone case on it now that she has stretched out from fidgeting with it all the time.

I've searched Girly iphone cases, but the threads were minimum and old. Can you guys suggest any cases for my chick?

2. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

Pink Magpul Field Case and/or executive field case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. charlesdayton, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

For a case I recomend TPU instead of silicone. It is still rubbery enough to protect in falls, but hard enough not to stretch around like silicone. It also does not attracts lint like silicone does.

Some good TPU cases:

Switcheasy Vulcan
    iFrogz Soft Gloss
    Casemate Gelli
    Speck Pixelskin HD
    Speck Geometric

The Vulcan is only available in black and clear but the others are available in girly colors.

There is also the popular Icipio NGP but it is quite thick.

Vulcan:

[​IMG]

Soft Gloss:

[​IMG]

Gelli:

[​IMG]

Pixelskin HD:

[​IMG]

Geometric:

[​IMG]

Incipio NGP:

[​IMG]

Hope that helps

4. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Try this:

Hello Kitty

Attached Files:

5. jasko thread starter macrumors 6502

jasko

thanks HKUSP and charlesdayton for the suggestions. lol @ maril. I knew someone would post something like that. My girls not a girly girl by any means. She's... 'one of the guys'. lol. I'll look into TPU cases though, I didn't know about those. Anymore?

6. madmaclove, Dec 8, 2011

madmaclove macrumors newbie

if she likes leather ones here is my fav! Parion by mapicases in Magenta color. It's with a pull up ribbon to take the phone out easily.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

Fwiw the Magpul cases are not silicon, they are a soft flexible polymer like material.

8. bl00per macrumors member

9. hizzaah macrumors 6502

10. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

Don't worry all the cases I recommended are also available in black. There is also the iSkin Solo, but they are quite pricey for what they offer.

11. ET iPhone Home, Dec 8, 2011

ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

This is a good one. My friend's GF has this. She says, she can never find her phone in her big purse. So my friend got her this. She has never complained never finding her phone again.
    [​IMG]

He also got her this secondary case. He complains why she never picks up when he calls. She says, she can never hear the phone ring. So he got her this.
    [​IMG]

When she asked if she should get silicone augmentation, He said, I'll cover the cost, and got her this.
    [​IMG]

She then told him thank you for the sentimental gifts and she gave him this. She told him, here's something you don't have.
    [​IMG]

And they continue to live happily ever after. I hope I was of big help.

12. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

My girlfriend has an Agent 18 Flowervest on her iPhone 4. She likes it, but it attracts a bit of lint

13. jasko thread starter macrumors 6502

jasko

thanks for the serious suggestions. I still haven't decided on one yet. Still taking more suggestions!

14. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

I adore kate spade cases, but because of their thickness getting to the buttons are a pain at times.

Websites to check out.
    cellairis.com
    More-thing.com
    moshimonde.com for the iGlaze. I have like 4 different ones. and the price is fair compared to other companies.

15. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

16. babygirlvv macrumors newbie

17. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

If your going to suggest that, then why not this?
    [​IMG]

She'll be speechless.....

18. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

My wife is very particular with her case also. Wanted something nice but not too girly. I ended up getting her the speck fitted case and she loves it. I have had it on her iP4 since launch and am getting her a new one for christmas. Check em out they are nice cases, good protection not alot of bulk. Also compatible with iP4s if and when we upgrade.
    https://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-4-case/fitted-cases-for-iphone-4s.html

19. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You really should post her aesthetic preferences if you want suggestions. All we have so far for your requirements is "silicone" and that doesn't narrow things down much at all.

It's interesting that some responses automatically suggested pink cases. I've never been involved with any woman who liked pink. For those that haven't noticed, not all women are identical and they don't all have the same preferences. Consider the specific person you're shopping for rather than some stereotype.

Then why would you mention searching for "girly iphone cases" in your OP? Again, tell us what she likes and even what she dislikes. We're not psychic. Don't leave us guessing. Otherwise you might as well browse the various choice out there on your own. Help us to help you narrow it down.

20. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Here's a cute case. Does she like Disneyland? Do you like Dumbo? I'm running out of ideas for you. Your going to have to make a decision, so which is it?

[​IMG]

21. cyclingplatypus macrumors 65816

cyclingplatypus

I'll second the Magpul, got mine today and especially at the price it is a very nice case. Nice texture and as stated above it isn't silicon.

22. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

23. swingerofbirch macrumors 68040

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Re: the title of the thread

I keep mine in a pumpkin shell, and there I keep her very well. :)

24. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

mine's got the speck candyshell, the color is referred to as burgundy but it sure as hell looks pink to me.

[​IMG]