Best Case for Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iChillax, Jun 25, 2010.

1. iChillax macrumors regular

iChillax

I'm looking for a very good case for my iphone. I want to get an Otterbox but they aren't available yet. So.. anybody got some ideas? Btw..I want a silicone case because they bounce and help absorb any type of fall. Thank you!

2. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

best case right NOW is the bumper from Apple.

3. iChillax thread starter macrumors regular

iChillax

uhhh.. it offers no protection..

4. M1Lance macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm loving the bumper right now although it doesn't protect the screen or back. Tried the invisible shield from Zagg but hated it, so I'm going to just wait till the PS films come out.

5. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Go for the candyshell for all out protection.

6. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

Have you used one? It offers DROP protection. :rolleyes:

7. iChillax thread starter macrumors regular

iChillax

i have it on my iphone right now because it looked good at 7 in the morning when i was one of the first people to get the phone. Not so much after i almost dropped my phone and it exposes the back. I want an otterbox but when will they come out?

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

The Bumper offers lots of protection.

As far as Otterbox, we have no idea. What they have on their site is all that is known.

9. iChillax thread starter macrumors regular

iChillax

very true

10. fury88 macrumors newbie

I am also interested in the bumper case but I was wondering about protection as well. If you drop it won't it still run the possibility of cracking the glass even from modest heights?

11. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

The Bumper case is like having a belt with no pants. Also, it is way over priced. If you like that style, wait a few weeks; then, there will be several case manufacturers that will come out with one and at a way cheaper price.

12. historyteacher macrumors member

I have the belkin grip vue on mine with the SGP EX ultra crystal on the front. I am very happy with the looks and protection I'm getting.

13. phoneXcessories macrumors newbie

I feel like the bumper offers no protection whatsoever and they look the best with the white iPhone.

14. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

I keep going around and around about which case to go with for my iPhone 4. With reading all of the threads here about the decreased quality of photos when using the flash in the case, dust gathering inside, and the simple fact the back of these new iphones look so amazing, I'm just going to go with a Power Support film for both the front and back (if and when they have them), a bumper and leave it at that. I'm not a "dropper" by nature and I want to keep this phone as slim as possible. In my opinion at the end of the day, that's going to look better than any case any company can come up with.

15. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

It only covers the sides though doesn't it? What about the back/front?

16. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I just got one for mine. Great case

17. thedon1 macrumors 6502

I'm really interested in getting the bumper.

I think people misunderstand how it works. It's not there just to cover your phone (or the edges of it). It's thicker than the phone so if you dropped it, the raised bumper would touch the surface rather than the phones. This techinacally would stop the back and front of the phone from ever touching any surface.

18. babby macrumors member

I can't decide either.

I can't decide either. I would like to go without bumpers or anything. I think the phone is beautiful and hate to have anything cover it up. But it is not going to be beautiful if it is cracked or dented. Hoping something like the bumpers come out soon that are cheaper.

This is assuming the surface it hits is flat.

19. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

20. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

I'm waiting for the iSkin. Should be out in a few weeks. I bought a bumper today that I'll use until then.

21. Traeger2591 macrumors member

I think he's talking about a different kind of "drop" protection (calls dropping dummy). Come on even I got that one.