Best case for Late retina MBP 13 inch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nyli2, May 7, 2014.

1. nyli2 macrumors newbie

Keep searching on amazon and always see negative reviews for each one like mold or it doesn't fit properly. Anyone know a good brand case?

2. severage macrumors regular

Well....its a bit expensive, but the Rutledge BookBook by Twelvesouth is a wonderful case.

There's only one review on amazon for it at the moment (and it's mine!), but the case is well worth the $100. Looks beautiful, offers wonderful protection, very unique, fits well, and you can use the laptop while its in the case, as I am doing right now.

Here's a link.

However, it is bulky, and it may make the laptop get a bit warmer in the case during use (which I haven't tested. I do play some games like Minecraft, Borderlands 2 in the case, and the Mac never gets too hot.

If you want a more standard case, Speck usually makes great products. There are a bunch on similar style cases on Amazon, but I can't vouch for many of them, and the cheaper ones usually do fall apart quickly.

Hope this helps!

3. 4theking macrumors member

4theking

I love this Speck hard shell case.

But.

I'm about to pull the trigger on this Thule sleeve. I need something more durable than the Speck.

Let us know what you end up with.

4. severage macrumors regular

Yea, it does depend on how much protection you need.

Speck and like cases offer little protection, and are mainly made to protect the mac from small scratches and scuffs.

BookBook, when zipped shut, will offer a higher degree of protection, and it still protects the Mac from scratches and scuffs during use (if you keep the mac in the case of course), but I wouldn't trust the mac in this case on a concrete floor.

Sleeves offer a similar level of protection to the BookBook, but there are quite a few sleeves/bags that give much more padding than the average case, making them very protective.

5. Hieveryone macrumors 68030