best case for macbook pro 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sammyvine, Sep 3, 2012.

1. sammyvine macrumors regular

It's mainly going to be in my bedroom desk and occasionally i might carry it to uni

2. sammyvine thread starter macrumors regular

3. csjo00 macrumors regular

I used to use a case up until the point I realized it was scratching the bottom of it and it was adding more weight and making it more bulky when porting it around.

I used the Speck SeeThru case.

4. sammyvine thread starter macrumors regular

so you recommend no case at all?

5. csjo00 macrumors regular

If I could do it over again, I'd buy an InvisiShield for my MacBook and wouldn't have bothered with the case.

6. noles1983 macrumors regular

I also have the Speck clear case and I love it. I don't find it to add much bulk or weight. I like the protection that it offers and looking at the bottom I have no idea how it would cause scratching like the other poster said. UNless he was talking about scratches to the bottom of the case? In which i could care less thats what i want, id rather have case scratches than computer scratches!

7. sammyvine thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh cant be bothered with invisible shield, to hard to put on.

8. dprovi macrumors newbie

You will hear sound arguments for and against the case. It all boils down to what you would prefer based on your specific needs. As for me as I was struggling to decide between case vs. skin. vs. sleeve, I opted for a sleeve. Why?

I'm always very careful with my gadgets when in use. Though accidents do happen, it is so rare for me that I figured having a well constructed sleeve would be best. I would not have to worry about regular dust removal, as the case would be had I purchased a hard case. Nor worry that the hard surface would scratch against my macbook due to friction while in my bag (I'm a student with many books to carry). The most I might do at this point is purchased a palm guard and maybe a keyboard protector, but I'm still debating whether those purchases are necessary.

Do what pleases you aesthetically, cost wise and in function. The options are endless and if you're super OCD and have the cash to support it, run crazy and by the skin, hard case AND sleeve.