Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse525

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2003
USA, New York
I second, third or fourth the motion for Booq Bags. The Quality of these bags are top notch. I even have an iPod case from them.

If you're looking for something different and of equal quality, check out Brooklyn Industries line-up of bags.

~e

almograve

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2006

n8236

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2006
If you're into fashion and trends like me, ACME hands down. I have me a black ballistic and it's damn hawt. Chicks dig it! :D

almograve

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2006
n8236 said:
If you're into fashion and trends like me, ACME hands down. I have me a black ballistic and it's damn hawt. Chicks dig it! :D

:) they do like good, but nothing's realy made for the Macbook 13" and what I realy like about the WaterField is the fact that it is a sleeve with or without shoulderstrap and with or without piggybag, very flexible.

JCT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Tucson, AZ
almograve said:
Hi,

Has anyone tried the sleeves from SFBbags??? I'm thinking of purchasing the sleeve for a macbook 13". The sleeve would be equiiped with a flap, a sholder strap and the piggyback.

It is 100$ and I would like to make sure that quality is there.

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/images/prod_sleevecase_detail_7_lg.jpg

Thanks for your help,

almo

I own tons of stuff from Waterfield --- usually the first accessory I purchase for any new laptop is one of their sleeves. All of their products are exceptionally well made and wear like iron. I have one of their Cargo bags that is nearly 4 years old, I have taken it all over the world and it looks new.

Great company and exceptional customer service as well.

No secondary gain here, just a long-term, very happy customer.

JT

ccantrell

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2006
Has anyone used/tried the Radtech Slevez? I am considering purchasing one but I don't know EXACTLY how well it protects the MBP. I have a laptop backpack and would put this inside that, or a shoulder bag... whatever fits my mood. :D

I have one and highly recommend it :D

Very easy to pull off and put on. Just gives the laptop another layer of protection when putting into a carrying bag.

MDMillerID

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2007
Personally I got the brenthaven backpack for when i went to school. I've had the bag for this will be my fourth year and it is still holding up well, it still looks brand new minus the paint coming off the metal zippers but you cant ever really see that. I've had a great experience with this bag and would buy another when this one goes K-Put. The other thing i like about these bags are that to the last of my knowledge, they still dont advertise their name over everything. Similar to targus you can look at it and know that there is prolly a 50-50 chance that there is a laptop in it, sounds unsafe to me, but the brenthaven bags dont have their logo everywhere, its just a black backpack (aka no reason to steal me at all) the price is stiff but ive been less that kind to the bag and its still holding together, good buy.

BTW...I got their balistic nylon bag, not any of their leather ones..
http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-apple-pro-15-17.html

jtam

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2006
CA
I had a Radtech sleeve and one of their screen savers on my Powerbook G4. My laptop was recently stolen :mad: but it looked brand new. Great case. I plan to get one for my Macbook Pro...along with the screen saver.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
If you're looking for something really protective, I'd check out some products by Axio. Their Hardsleeves (under Laptop Cases on the website) look to be pretty slim, and extremely protective. If you're not looking for something that extreme, check out Booq. They make really great stuff, and their line of Vyper sleeves are great (and they've got one for the MacBook Pro). Hope this helps, and good luck with your search.

That Axio Hardsleeve looks great--very thin, if you look at the photo of it open. If only it were about half the price. :(

dk005

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2009
Best Case

I think I need something harder.

booq's viper m2 doesnt ship until march and may, and the axio plastic case doesnt ship until may....

that sux, they both seem absolutely perfect.

I supposed I can use a transitional case until then.

Any other suggestions?

I have this case, it's amazing, a hard outer shell, it's not huge, and it'll fit into my backpack easily. Its leather with a hard shell, but if u feel the inside, it's like a firm temperpedic. It has very strong memory foam, but it isn't shy. This case is amazing, it will survive those park bench things, but also rougher things if you drop ur backpack/computer. I strongly recommend this.
http://www.moshimonde.com/codex_15.htm

fkntotalkaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2007
If you're looking for something really protective, I'd check out some products by Axio. Their Hardsleeves (under Laptop Cases on the website) look to be pretty slim, and extremely protective. If you're not looking for something that extreme, check out Booq. They make really great stuff, and their line of Vyper sleeves are great (and they've got one for the MacBook Pro). Hope this helps, and good luck with your search.

OMFG post of the year . I had no idea these cases were around, s/p 2 dents in my MBP from no case and using a "sleeve" :mad:

Kenzembo1

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Youngstown, OH
What do you guys think of something like this?

I wish it came in a darker color (dark chocolate brown, or black) but I think it's pretty unique and offers a lot of storage capacity. You can easily carry your macbook and a couple of text books, etc. without it looking too bulky. Also, the fact that it looks like something a sophisticated anthropologist named Dr. Jones would carry on a business trip doesn't hurt! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.