Best case for MB: Recommendations?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Built, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Built macrumors 68020

Any recommendations on the best case for the MB? I travel a lot and would like something that fits the MB well, and offers maximum protection.

I will be purchasing a mid-level white MB, and read some horror stories of the dye from some black cases rubbing off and staining the pristine white of the MB.

Thanks in advance!

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I bought my wife's macbook last week and along with it got a speck cover for it.

Just 10mins ago I ordered a Belkin Sling pack. I've heard pretty good things from a couple friends that have it and they like it. But I'm unsure what your "travel a lot" involves.

They move a long but that particular case is for 'minimizing' how much junk one takes with them. I carry a bigger back pack since I carry more stuff from site to site, but what I bought my wife is just enough for her to 'sling' it over her shoulder with just the macbook, a few cables, a mouse, and a few other small items.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=375643

3. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for the heads up, odin. Looks good. I wonder if they sell through any retail outlets in the US?

http://www.aussiebag.com/

Thanks, kkat! I am definitely getting a Speck cover for it. I don't think the Belkin sling pack would fit my needs, though, but thanks for the response!

I travel a lot (A LOT) coast-to-coast via air, and my stuff really takes a beating.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I bought this case today. I'll tell you more then I get it. :D

5. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

Definitely let us know! I, for one, am soaking up as much info as I can here!

6. Enigmur macrumors newbie

7. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

hey Eidorian, that looks like a cool idea, kind of nice alternative to those invisi-shields that i've been thinking about to prevent scratches and such (with out the weird liquid application deal)...

let us know how it goes....

8. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

9. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

10. tingly macrumors 6502

The Pelican 1490CC1 case is ugly and very expensive, but is the best at protection.

11. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Man pelican cases are serious!

12. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

Not that I know of...I ordered directly from their site and got the case in about 2 weeks I believe

13. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

I just bought the Aussiebag triple protection thing online. Thanks to odin for the info.

Now, I need to decide on a case in which to put the Macbook, so I can carry it easily.

I will be getting the Speck cover from the Apple Store, and I like the Targus bag but don't want to have to wait for it. I will see about the Sportfolio at the Apple Store.

WOW...That thing is something else!