Best case for MBP 13"(2010)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pjny, Sep 4, 2011.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I'm looking for a non-slippery protective case for my MBP 2010 13" that also prevents the heat at the bottom from burning my lap when the processor is working hard.

I've seen a couple of cases at the Apple store(the ones with the tiny holes for ventilation). They are not so non-slip type cases so I was just looking for something that might be easier to grab.

Thanks.

2. GrannySmiths macrumors newbie

Speck are the best in my opinion. I have the black hardshell. It's non slippery too.

I think any case is going to add to the heat as it's another layer for the heat to pass through/store. I've never noticed anything that would cause concern though.

3. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I just need a buffer from the extreme heat generated at the bottom of the laptop when processing video/images.

4. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

does the speck case limit the amount (angle) you can open the display?

someone also said that their hard drive died on the 15" because of heat dissipating problems generated by speck case.

5. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

I have a Speck SeeThru for my 17in MBP.
    No it does not limit the angle.
    And also it has little vents in the bottom to release the heat.
    Very protective and saved my MBP from dents and scratches many times!
    Highly recommended

6. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

I have a InCase Neoprene Sleeve ;)

7. zwodubber macrumors 6502a

I have had a Speck see thru on my 13" since I got it in March and love it. I have to set my MBP down on some rough/dirty surfaces at different sites and it has protected it completely. As far a heat, MBP's are designed to vent the heat from the hinge mainly, so I would not worry about that. I run multiple programs and honestly handbrake is what gets my fans going the most.

Heres a snap of the heat exiting the vent which it is designed to do.

[​IMG]