best case for my buck? $50 limit?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nicname, Apr 14, 2011.

1. nicname macrumors member

so im thinking about purchasing a more expensive case but have been very hesitant to do so.
    THe e13tron case is beautiful but a little to expensive so im wondering which case for around $50 is the most protective while being stylish?
    Im leaving towards a metal case and please dont suggest otterbox

ps. also what is the best iphone front screen protector that feels natural?

2. JessicaR macrumors member

The best case is really hard to say because it really depends on what you do and what you like.

Some people like the LifeProof case but it is $70. I'm not a fan because it is too bulky

I like Marware iPhone 4 Case and it is only $35. But it is not metal.

The C.E.O. Premiere iPhone 4 Case is only $35 and has a business man look. Still it is a side flip case so you may not like is and it still not metal.

3. Hinch87 macrumors newbie

It all depends on what your preference is. You can check out the incase slider but then you wont be able to have a screen shield. Screen shields are another tricky thing. There are pros and cons to each. A crystal shield from SGP or Power support will look like you have nothing on the phone but it will attract finger prints. An anti finger print will hinder the retina display but wont attract finger prints. I heard the ultra optics from SGP has the best of both worlds. But its all preference. If there was a "best case" everyone would have that one

4. DroidRules macrumors 65816

There are electron knock offs on the bay for $40 I believe. Look good but have not held one in hand. Give that try if you're looking for aluminum.

5. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

I really like the Otterbox Reflex if you don't work construction and carry your phone in your pocket.

I like the Otterbox defender for blue collar jobs and outdoor activities like biking.

6. nicname thread starter macrumors member

guys im aiming for sexy sleek metal cases like i mentioned haha the otterbox doesnt do much for me

7. psyduckiee macrumors regular

The only options you really have are Element Vapor, e13ctron, Blade, and Atomic, Fusion Werkz, and a couple of more lower end ones.

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Power Support crystal screen protector for the front if you must. No other screen protector can compare in terms of clarity.

9. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

so you don't want to spend money but want to look like you have money?

all the metal cases are expensive, many of them are actually quite ugly and bulky. They are only sleek and sexy to geeks that want to drop $100-200 on a case.

If you want a good looking case just buy the sgp ex reventon yellow caseMy friend had it and got tons if compliments at the sushi place we were at last week.

10. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

I was going to post the exact same link. I did get a vapor knock from DX for $14 shipped. Took a bit to get to me. In my area I don't see any signal loss, but in the city I sometime loose a bar more than usual.

11. CrockettGTO, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

CrockettGTO macrumors regular

Have you looked at the pinlo united?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1130211
    it's a hybrid case but comes with both a clear and electroplated front trim piece in either chrome color or color matched to the aluminum bumper piece.

Here is a good review done by one the forum members "GadgetMac". http://www.gadgetmac.com/gadgetmac/...aluminum-hybrid-bumper-case-for-iphone-4.html

It's only 34USD. You could then order a good quality set of front and rear screen protectors like SGP oleo phobic or SGP's crystal for 13 bucks and that puts you right at budget. The Power Support's Crystal films are great as well.

12. JASApplications macrumors 65816

13. nicname thread starter macrumors member

the sgp does look sexy but it seems extremely thin? would it atleast protect the phone from a good fall? i would def. need a back screen protector for that.

14. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

Yup should protect from a fall

get a leather rear protector or a carbon fiber one and you have yourself a good looking case for under $50