Best Case for My New Macbook Pro 15" Aluminum

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by symbian80, Aug 4, 2009.

1. symbian80 macrumors newbie

Hey guys. Could you help me in finding for a good Case for My New Macbook Pro 15" Aluminum. There is lot of them on the market right now. But in your experience. What is the best case for you? Factors to consider is: Is safe for my Macbook? Is it sturdy enough for the everyday scratches and even bumps? Will it heat up my Macbook Pro/enough vents? Does it look cool? hehehe... Thanks guys! Its my first macbook pro or macbook in that case. :eek:

2. laf5203 macrumors newbie

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

When you say case are you referring to a bag/sleeve to carry it around in, or a shell that is attached to the computer to protect it? Because if you are talking about a bag/sleeve then I would start you search by looking at Brenthaven products, their protection is amazing and I have both a sleeve and a backpack from them that I completely trust my computer in. If you are looking for a shell on your computer then the only ones that I know of are the Speck shells, there are a variety of colors and finishes from speck.

Brenthaven Cases
    Speck SeeThru (glossy finish)
    Speck SeeThru Satin (matte finish)

Both of Speck's shells have a decent sized variety of colors to choose from.

4. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

For all of my Macs I've gotten a Mac-Case sleeve for them, and put it in another bag. Nice and sleek and safe. It's nothing too heavy duty and it's by no means a carrying case; it's just a sleeve. But if it suits your needs it works great. For me it does at least.