Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asmallchild

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Just bought a brand spanking new 64GB iPod Touch. Gorgeous.

I remember picking up my fantastic 16GB iPod Touch around Thanksgiving 2007.

Oh how time flies.

Back then, I picked out this phenomenal acrylic case that snapped shut around my iPod Touch. Yeah, I haven't opened it in 2 years and there's a lot of nasty dust inside. But it did the job of protecting the unit. I never got around to covering the screen. I know I was looking hard at the InvisibleGuard skins that others have wrapped on. But the screen has been amazingly resistant. No scratches in 2 years even though I routinely keep the iPod in my pocket.

Anyway, I'm back on this time to see if there are any new recommendations for cases? In all likelihood, I'll go with whatever the people recommend at the Apple Store. Hopefully something close to the acrylic/plastic snap-on case that I had last time. Unless someone has had a phenomenal experience with something else?

I know there's certainly a lot more choices this time around since the market for the iPod Touch has just exploded!

Can't wait to fill up the new device!

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
I like the Vaja cases because they offer front protection as well. It's not the scratches that I am concern about, but the possibility of it dropping and damaging the glass.

Rcasa

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2009
Massachusetts
Honestly, I bet almost anything on the incase slider. It's the best case I've ever seen and I swear by it. Won't lie, someone said their bottom piece broke however I don't see how that's even possible.

asmallchild

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Wow, awesome, thanks for all the phenomenal suggestions

The Incase slider does look very intriguing

atwell

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2009
iFrogz, nice for their degree of customization, though kind of bulky. I have a few different cases like Gamefacez iPod cases made from silicone. This is the one I have stuck with for a while now.

docmarc

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2007
San Geronimo, CA
I bought the Otter Box Defender case for my new 64g. I like it a lot. It is a bit bulkier than the plain silicone sleeves, but not so much so that it can easily be slid into a pocket. It also has a screen protector. I hope to never need to know just how protective it is, but who am I kidding? That's why I got it in the first place.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.