Best case for taking phone to beach?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JBaker122586, Mar 20, 2012.

1. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I'm going on my honeymoon to Jamaica soon, and I'd like to be able to carry my iPhone around to the pools and beaches to take pictures
    So I'm looking for a case that is going to keep sand and water out, but not obscure the camera.
    Obviously since I'll need the camera, I don't expect something fully waterproof.

Anybody have any experience/suggestions?

2. chrisbetty macrumors 6502

3. quantex macrumors newbie

Dont waste anymore money. Just use a zip-loc bag. Works great!

4. tygrubb macrumors regular

Depends if you go to the beach and other dusty/wet/outdoorsy stuff a lot. If so, then the LifeProof is a good choice....but it's the kind of case that you don't just take on and off for the occasional outing. It's sealing requires that you open the case infrequently. And it's awfully expensive for occasional use, anyway.

For occasional beach outings, I would second the notion of just putting it in a freezer bag.

5. ascNYC macrumors member

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

that's a great idea. I heard several people had water damage to their iPhone just by laying with them by the pool. Splash of water touched the connectors from a boombox.

x2 Lifeproof.

7. JBaker122586 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks guys.
    It's looking like Lifeproof is the way to go.
    The only negative reviews I read are about call quality. Since I'll be on vacation (and not willing to deal with work and such), I'm only using the thing as a camera, so I don't really care about that.

8. Oreo234 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

I recently been searching the web for something to protect my phone as well, because I'm heading to Florida soon. I came across a case on YouTube called "cool cover cases". Looks very interesting to me cause I like life proof but is very expensive. This case states only 24.99$ for that price I'm going go with this , worth a look

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

FWIW I use an Otterbox defender, the whole works...It's pig ugly but nothing gets in.