Best Case for the 13" Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by svredhead2008, Jan 22, 2012.

1. svredhead2008 macrumors newbie

I have a Pelican Case 1490 that I use to house and protect my 13" MBP while I am not using it. I was just wondering if anyone out there has had anything that is better than a Pelican.
    :D

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

There isn't really a best case. It is all dependent on your use and preference. I use the incase nylon sling sleeve and am very happy with it. I also have my MBP in the incase hardshell which protects it from scratches and dust and I also have the moshi clearguard MB keyboard cover which protects my keyboard from spills and dirt and most importantly, finger oil.

3. svredhead2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds really good. I carry mine to and from and around a U.S. Naval Ship. If you have ever been on board a ship, the interior really isn't friendly (especially in rough seas). The hall ways are COVERED in exposed pipes and other very hard objects that would completely destroy the beauty of a MBP. But I am glad that your set up is working out for you! Thanks for the reply. :apple::apple:

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Oh god a pelican case? I am jelly XD
    But I dont think there is much durable case out there for such beating.
    I would stay with pelican if you think its safe keeping it in there.

&& thank you for your service :)

5. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

6. bdinger macrumors member

bdinger

I have this sleeve for my white MacBook and am getting the 15in MBP version, in fact I should order it tonight :D

http://www.amazon.com/100572-Sleeve...819O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1327286871&sr=8-5

Fantastic case, very well made, stylish, light, and offers excellent padding.

Don't get me started on bags as I'm a bit of a nut, but ironically for my laptop between all my north face, mountainsmith and deuter bags I prefer this one which I have in black:
    http://bit.ly/x7BDZe

It fits my white MacBook, HP EliteBook 8440p, and 15in MBP just fine. In fact I've carried the white macbook, HP, and iPad all in that bag. It's heavy, but spacious. In my time in IT I've had a ton of bags, this one is my favorite by a huge shot.

I will say I wish I would have kept my old Brenthaven TiBook bag..